thomas kelley 5YtjgRNTli4 unsplashjpg?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
thomas kelley 5YtjgRNTli4 unsplashjpg?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Pexels

My top 5 favorite Disney movies

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.
  1. Tangled

Tangled has been one of the only movies that I can connect to. Throughout my life, I have felt trapped almost like how Rapunzel has been trapped in a tower all of her life. Except, I was not literally trapped inside my room all of my time. I have felt trapped in the aspect that I could not be myself all of the time. I felt like I was not always true to myself and completely free to be who I wanted to be.

I also quite resemble Rapunzel. I was born with bright blonde hair and have light-colored eyes (although my hair is dyed black now). I am very energetic and constantly giggling in excitement. I have many dreams and aspirations like how Rapunzel has a dying dream to see the floating lanterns. I am extremely loving and caring, and I love animals.

My mother somewhat resembles Mother Gothel as well. She is definitely not evil but definitely as protective as her. She often did not want me to go outside and do certain things because she cared very much about my safety. Our relationship has not always been sunshine and rainbows either; we have many differences although my love for her is still very strong.

Tangled has taught me to follow my dreams and continue having wild and crazy dreams despite the obstacles on my journey or the consequences. It has taught me to continue being myself and express myself freely, to rebel and not let other people stop me from being happy, and to explore and escape from my comfort zone.I suggest you watch it because it has made me cry countless times!

1. Monsters Inc.

I remember watching this movie when I was younger and desiring to literally be in the world. Just the thought of monsters traveling through doors into the human world is very creative and fascinating in my eyes. Everything from the food the monsters would eat to the houses they would live in intrigued me and kept me on my toes.

The movie has definitely brought me a lot of laughs since I was a child and I still more as an adult! I have an odd obsession with the character Mike Wazowski and have so much merchandise of that specific character. Maybe if you watch it too, you can join me on my admiration for Mike Wasowski!

1. Halloweentown

I truly believe that I have a huge fascination for supernatural topics as well as movies involving monsters. This is another movie where, as a child, I wanted to travel to the world where the movie took place. I also deeply wanted to be a witch and fly on brooms as well as cast magic spells like the other characters did. Monsters Inc. is an animated film compared to Halloweentown which has live action monsters that were shown in the movie which is why I appreciate the different take on it. It is also very realistic and includes a very close and loving family that you grow to love throughout the movie. I definitely recommend watching during the autumn season. It truly gives you a feeling of Fall.

1. The Hunchback of Notre Dame

My reasoning for this is somewhat biased. I am a performer and I have sung the song “God Help the Outcasts” from this movie in a show before. The song is moving and has helped me pass by some hard times in my life. It is a beautiful piece and I loved singing it. I think this Disney Movie is one of the more realistic and scary ones from the set of Classic Disney Movies. Especially with the history involved in the movie. I love history and I love that Disney has movies that are history related. I believe you will enjoy it if you are a music-lover and a history-lover like I am!

1. Coco

For starters, this movie has made me sob uncontrollably after watching it. This is one of the only movies that has ever provoked such emotion in me. I think the storyline is constructed very well and you can tell that a lot of thought was put into the movie.

My answer can be interpreted as somewhat biased because I am also a musician and the main character is an aspiring musician. I heavily bop to the music included within the movie. It is also very cultural and focuses on a specific culture which is surely interesting in my eyes. If you choose to watch this movie, bring a lot of tissues because you will need them.

Alyssa Farmer

Jefferson '24

I'm Alyssa! I'm a second year Nursing student. I love music, crystals, astrology, incense, Halloween, Marvel, Squishmallows, ramen and animals!