This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

Something is in the water at Netflix right now, because a whole slew of really good Kdramas have been released lately. They’ve either been recently released onto Netflix or newly produced and released onto Netflix. Either way, they are so amusing and keep my attention. So, I thought I would share some of the ones I’ve been watching or plan to watch soon.

1. Forecasting Love & Weather (2022)
  • The typical Kdrama layout with a classic love story but with a twist, meteorology
  • It’s interesting that they chose a career other than the typical CEO, doctor, lawyer, idol
  • The actors/actresses playing the main characters are well-loved, so it is definitely a show to check out if you are interested in some love and drama
  1. Twenty Five Twenty One (2022)
  • I love, love, love this one.
  • The main character has such an iconic look, her lines are iconic, and overall she is who I want to be. 
  • The main male character, whom I will always recognize as Nam Dosan from “Start-Up,” is so swoon-worthy.
  • Overall, just a great drama about time, love, and youth with a lot of comedy and wit mixed in.
  1. Vincenzo (2021)
  • It took me a few episodes to get warmed up to this show, but I’m in the middle of it and I love it.
  • A unique Kdrama with romantic relationships not being the main focus, a lot of mentions of the mafia, and court time.
  • Overall, it is a story about a man named Vincenzo Cassano, who worked in the Italian mafia, who moves back to Korea and ends up working alongside a fellow lawyer to bring good about society and himself.
  • Song Joong-ki’s (Vincenzo’s) stoic face and dry-humor acting is a cherry on top.
  1. Business Proposal (2022)
    1. There are only 2 episodes out as I am writing this, but this drama is so cute and funny.
    2. It’s a great stress reliever and the main female character is iconic and hilarious.
    3. It’s your typical love story but it’s just so well done with the acting, casting, and production.
  2. Thirty-Nine (2022)
    1. Also, a drama that I absolutely adore. 
    2. Three best friends who are single and 39 go through this last year of their thirties together. This last year consists of love and loss, but the best friends always look to each other for support. 
    3. An adorable drama with love stories tied in and just overall themes of friendship, time, loss, growing up, and reminiscence.
  3. My Sassy Girl (2017)
    1. This is a light historic drama, a very typical storyline, but the title intrigued me so I’m only halfway through episode one right now
  4. Juvenile Justice (2022)
  • I also don’t know much about this show but I want to watch it one day.
  1. Sky Castle (2018)
  • I know nothing about it, but it was recently put onto Netflix.
  • I think someone told me to watch this back in 2018 but I put it off and also didn’t have Netflix then.
Meeval Biju

Jefferson '24

Hello hello! I'm a student at Jefferson University. I love science, music, food, and sleep.