Life > Experiences

My Favorite Restaurants Near Jefferson, East Falls Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

There are several reasons I love living in Philadelphia, however the food and restaurant scene has to be at the top of the list. There is every kind and cuisine of restaurant you can imagine in this city from vegan to Italian to gluten-free and more. Lucky for us TJU students, Jefferson is in a prime location: near Manayunk! Here is a list of my favorite restaurants near campus (from a foodie):

1. The Goat’s Beard – 4201 Main St, Philadelphia, PA 19127 

The Goat’s Beard has to come at the top of my list. “Locally sourced New American fare, wine, beer & whiskey served in a cozy, rustic-chic space.” (thegoatsbeardphilly.com

1. Couch Tomato – 102 Rector St, Philadelphia, PA 19127

As a gluten-free girly, the Couch Tomato is my go-to! They have vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free options. “Fresh American bites plus gourmet pizza & salad are washed down with wine & craft beers.” (thecouchtomato.com)

1. Vegan Vibes Cafe & Juice Bar – 3426 Conrad Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19129

Just as the business name says – this is a 100% vegan restaurant with a ton of colorful options! “A lovely restaurant in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. We use the best ingredients and provide a great atmosphere.” (www.iloveveganvibes.com)

1. New Leaf 2 – 4260 Main St, Philadelphia, PA 19127

New Leaf 2 is probably my favorite Chinese + Japanese food restaurant of all time. It is affordable for the huge portions you get. “Authentic Chinese and Japanese Cuisine with Even More Menu Options!” (newleafmanayunk.com

1. Winnie’s – 4266 Main St, Philadelphia, PA 19127

Last but not least, everyone’s go-to brunch spot, Winnie’s! While they are open all day, their weekend breakfast spread is mouth-watering. “American comfort fare, fresh-baked bread & weekend brunch is served in this renovated historic mill.” (www.winniesmanayunk.com)

Brynn Hurley

Jefferson '25

Hello everyone! Thank you so much for visiting my website! My name is Brynn Hurley. I am currently studying Communications with a focus in Journalism at Jefferson University in Philadelphia, PA, however, I am from Southern New Jersey. For my whole life, I have lived in a lakeside- log cabin, but I tend to be more of a preppy girl! I am very passionate about fashion, particularly petite fashion. I am 5″0, so finding brands that fit me right can be a struggle! I enjoy sharing the clothes and accessories that work for my build. (P.S. I absolutely love anything blue and white!) Some of my favorite things to post are my outfits, accessories, and vacations! I love to travel with my family and boyfriend, Alec, and dream of going to every state. There is nothing more delightful than a long weekend away to a charming inn! My greatest aspiration is to share my love for these things with the world through social media and blogging. For the past few years, I have been running a blog, along with several social media platforms, called “Blissfully Brynn” to share all of my passions in an aesthetic way, in hope of being a full-time blogger. My brand can be described as feminine, preppy, and classy. Blissfully, Brynn