My Favorite Places to Eat (within Walking Distance of Campus)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

Vault and Vine (10-15 minute walk)

Vault & Vine is one of my absolute favorite spots near campus! It’s super easy to get to from both sides of campus and the walk there is usually beautiful. Vault & Vine is a combination plant/gift shop and cafe, and they are constantly adding new menu items. This is my favorite place for a quick eat for breakfast, lunch, or a snack! My go-to is a decaf Golden Pothos Latte and a croissant! The cafe also has plenty of outdoor and indoor seating if you want to stay and chat with friends or do some homework. 

LeBus East Falls (20 minute walk)

LeBus is a sit-down style restaurant that also has a little bakery section with delicious bread. I am absolutely in love with their brunch menu! I usually get french toast with apple compote, but every menu item that I’ve tried has been delicious. The atmosphere in the restaurant is amazing as well with lots of warm light, plants, and art everywhere! 

C&C Creamery (20 minute walk)

C&C Creamery played a big role in the first half of my fall semester, with my roommates and I picking a time to go get ice cream once a week. It’s a super popular spot in the area for good reason! I have tried a different flavor almost each time I go and every time, it’s incredible. They reopened for the spring a few weeks ago and with the weather getting warmer, it’s sure to become a weekly tradition once again!

The Couch Tomato (30-40 minute walk)

The Couch Tomato is definitely one of my obsessions when I’m at school! The walk to Manayunk can be a bit long, so it is definitely more accessible by car or bus, but if you’re willing to go on a longer walk, going to Manayunk is definitely worth the trip. The Couch Tomato is popular for its pizza, but has loads of incredible comfort food as well! My usual order is a personal pizza with roasted garlic, cheese, pepperoni, and basil, and it’s amazing. My friends and I also love their garlic knots! If you’re looking for a delicious lunch or dinner, The Couch Tomato is definitely my top recommendation!

Emma Prushan

Jefferson '25

Emma is a junior at Jefferson studying Visual Communication Design/Graphic Design. She serves as Senior Editor, Events Coordinator, and Graphic Designer of HerCampus Jefferson. In her free time, she enjoys reading, doing crafts, playing the guitar, and taking any opportunities to be creative!