My Favorite Places to Eat in Disney World

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

Hello friends! I’m traveling to Disney World Resorts in Orlando, Florida in the month of June. However, I’m a huge Disney fan and have visited Disney World and have visited Disney World multiple times across my lifespan. I’m definitely the expert when it comes to making the best out of your trip. That is why I’m going to go through some of my favorite places to eat at in Disney World!

1. Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue

Currently with the pandemic, you unfortunately cannot eat at this fabulous place. However, once you are able to eat here again, I highly recommend it. The Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue is a dinner show; meaning, you can eat while various skits and performances happen on stage. The show is highly entertaining as they even invite audience members onto the stage to be involved in the show. The food is classic Southern dishes like fried chicken, BBQ pork ribs, mashed potatoes, corn, etc. So, while you’re feasting down on your country delectables, you can watch your family members embarrass themselves on stage with the talented actors and actresses.

1. Ohana

I absolutely love the atmosphere of this restaurant. The restaurant is in Disney’s Polynesian Resort which is one of my favorite hotels on Disney property. The restaurant is very tropical-themed and influenced by Polynesian culture. Prior to entering the restaurant, a leis is placed around your neck. I personally really love eating breakfast at this restaurant. It is a great start to your day. You’re served eggs, breakfast potatoes, character-themed waffles, Ohana’s pineapple bread and more. While eating breakfast, you’re greeted by various characters such as Stitch and Lilo from Disney’s Lilo and Stitch. They also do fun little activities for the young children like a conga line with the characters around the restaurant.

1. 50’s Prime Time Cafe

As you can tell from the name, the entire restaurant is themed around the 50’s. The entire restaurant feels as though you are eating in the kitchen and home of a classic 50’s housewife. The food replicates that feeling too with meals that your own family would serve for dinner such as pot roast, fried chicken and more. You are also able to watch retro TV while eating dinner as well! Enjoy your black-and-white prime-time shows while enjoying a delicious home-cooked meal! It is an experience you will never forget.

1. Rainforest Cafe

Upon entry to the restaurant, you are faced with an enormous volcano that “erupts” (and when I say erupt, I just mean fire and smoke shoots out) every couple of minutes. The restaurant is decorated to resemble the Amazon. There are a bunch of animated animals such as elephants, birds and more. The food is classic American food such as burgers, steaks and more; however, themed to accompany different Amazon animals. Within the restaurant, there is also a gift shop where you can purchase various animal-themed plushies, apparel and more. You definitely want to check it out.

1. T-REX

T-REX is a fabulous restaurant with awesome scenery and cuisine. It is a dinosaur themed restaurant with animatronic dinosaurs, prehistoric creatures and more. The room actively changes colors and every 20 minutes a “meteor explosion” happens. There is a wide-variety of dishes such as fish, burgers, steak, salads and more. There is also a gift-shop where you can pick up apparel, animal plushies and more. It is a fun time to eat dinner with dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures.

I hope that all of you try these various restaurants and tell me about your experiences if you plan on going to Disney World!

Alyssa Farmer

Jefferson '24

I'm Alyssa! I'm a second year Nursing student. I love music, crystals, astrology, incense, Halloween, Marvel, Squishmallows, ramen and animals!