holiday coffee mug
holiday coffee mug
Original photo by Brianne Petrone

My Favorite Holiday Themed Drinks and Snacks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

Hello friends! Can you believe that Christmas is just around the corner? With Christmas coming up, there is an abundance of holiday festivities and activities that you can indulge in with your loved ones such as watching a Christmas movie, ice skating, making a gingerbread house, cozying up by the fireplace, decorating the Christmas tree and more. Obtaining a holiday themed drink and snack while doing any of these activities automatically makes you ten times more festive and in the Christmas spirit. I will be reviewing and rating many holiday-drinks and snacks from establishments like Dunkin, Starbucks, Wawa and more.

• Wawa’s Vanilla Sugar Cookie Hot Chocolate

I am telling you now—never underestimate Wawa. You may believe that Wawa’s drinks will not be as good as your fancy Starbucks drink but that is not true. Wawa’s drinks are not only cheaper but also good (even better, than a lot of establishments)! This is definitely the best hot chocolate I have ever had in my life. It is a creamy, delectable hot chocolate with vanilla flavoring, topped with whipped cream and red, snowflake sprinkles. It is at a perfect temperature as well. I feel as though that majority of the time when I order a hot beverage from an establishment, I completely burn my mouth on the first sip. Do not get me wrong, the drink is still warm but not boiling. I simply cannot get enough of it and I am addicted to it.

• Dunkin’s Peppermint Mocha Signature Latte

Shockingly, I really enjoy this drink. I usually despise the pairing of chocolate and mint together. This feels completely right though. I feel like the reason why I do not like other drinks and foods with chocolate and mint together is because the mint flavoring is too bold and over-bearing. This drink is a perfect blend and balance of both flavorings. This latte features warm notes balanced with cooling peppermint, topped with whipped cream, mocha drizzle, and cocoa powder.

• Starbucks’ Reindeer Cake Pop

I am certainly a child at heart despite being almost 20. So, seeing any food or drink themed or decorated to be any character warms my heart and excites me. This cake pop is decorated to look exactly like Rudolph. It is a Vanilla cake with chocolate icing and is finished with a festive red nose and antlers for a fun seasonal treat. It is true that children would enjoy this treat; however, I believe this treat is perfect for people of all ages desiring to get into the holiday spirit.

• Dunkin’s Toasted White Mocha Signature Latte

Let’s just say that I am really a huge fan of Dunkin. I am also a huge fan of white chocolate. Many people are haters of it but I really like the taste of it. It is a creamy-rich white chocolate flavor in a signature latte topped with whipped cream, caramel drizzle, and cinnamon sugar. In a way, the toastiness of the white chocolate reminds me of the taste of marshmallows after you roast them by the fire. The caramel drizzle and cinnamon really add to the drink as well. I love cinnamon flavored drinks and foods as well. Maybe I am guilty of being a little biased on this favorite.

• Starbucks’ Snowman Cookie

How could you go wrong with this cookie? It is an adorable little snowman cookie. It completely reminds me of Frosty the Snowman and would be perfect to eat while watching that classic Christmas movie. This cookie is a buttery shortbread snowman cookie dressed up in white chocolate-consistency icing. It tastes exactly like the sugar cookies your family would make for the holidays. You cannot go wrong with a sugar cookie.

I hope you all end up trying these holiday drinks and food items. Definitely let me know if you enjoyed them or even let me know if you have any other suggestions besides the ones mentioned! As always, thank you so much for reading!

Alyssa Farmer

Jefferson '24

I'm Alyssa! I'm a second year Nursing student. I love music, crystals, astrology, incense, Halloween, Marvel, Squishmallows, ramen and animals!