This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

Hello friends! Despite being legally considered an adult, I am still very much a child at heart. I still collect stuffed animals and have them sitting out on my bed. There is nothing wrong with that! The stuffed animals that I collect the most, though, are Squishmallows. I don’t even want to think about the amount of money I have spent on Squishmallows. If you are unfamiliar with Squishmallows, Squishmallows are squeezable, marshmallow-like plushies of various animals, foods, creatures, etc., that you can collect. Every Squishmallow has a name as well as hobbies and activities they enjoy personally. You can collect these Squishmallows to reflect your own interests or even just for fun! Squishmallows even release new characters and plushies based on the Holiday or season that is approaching. With Halloween approaching, there is a wide variety of Halloween-themed Squishmallows that can be collected. I am here to review my favorite ones!

1. Emily the Bat

Emily is a pitch-black bat with pointy, long ears. Her stomach is charcoal-grey colored as well. She also has a red, smiling mouth accompanied by fangs! Her tag reads the following: “Just like her older brother Bart, Emily loves space! Her dream is to become an astronomer so she can help name the new planets and stars that are discovered. Emily also enjoys studying astrology. In her free time, she uses her telescope to study star patterns and creates horoscopes for her friends.” I personally love Emily’s appearance. I think she looks so cute and is perfect for the spooky season. I also really like that she is into astrology. I am into astrology myself and love learning about space. I highly recommend adding Emily to your collection!

1. Autumn the Black Cat

Autumn is a black cat with pointy-shaped ears. Her ears and stomach are silver-metallic colored. Her nose is accompanied by whiskers as well. She has an adorable smile on her face. Her tag reads, “You could say that Autumn is not a morning person. Her adventure-seeking personality comes out as the darkness fills the skies. Autumn is one with nature and travels all over the world from one Halloween to the next.” I have a black cat at home, so I really love Autumn. It makes me feel like I have my cat with me when I am at college. I am not a morning person either, so I resonate with Autumn. I also really love nature and love exploring nature as well. Maybe take Autumn with you on your next hike!

1. Detra the Octopus

Detra is a red octopus with a witch hat on top of her. She has a round body with eight short tentacles, each of which is a different color. Her stomach is white as well. Her tag reads: “Looking for a Halloween costume? Give Detra a call! Detra works at a costume shop and has a costume for everyone! She loves to help find the perfect costume; do you have anything in mind?” I think the witch hat is so cute on her. I also never know what to wear on Halloween, so maybe Detra can help me figure out a costume. She could probably help you out too!

1. Cannon the Candy Corn

Cannon is a piece of candy corn with a white, orange, and yellow striped body. He also has round eyes and a smiling mouth. His tag reads, “Despite his name and appearance, Cannon is a wellness coach who teaches kids how to make healthy meals. However, he can’t resist a sweet treat during Halloween, so he makes his famous caramel apples for himself and all the trick-or-treaters!” I always try to eat healthy, so Cannon would be beneficial to my life. I also love learning new recipes as well! I definitely resonate with Cannon when he claims that he cannot resist Halloween treats. Caramel apples are the best. Buy Cannon so he can make you some of his delicious candy apples!

Alyssa Farmer

Jefferson '24

I'm Alyssa! I'm a second year Nursing student. I love music, crystals, astrology, incense, Halloween, Marvel, Squishmallows, ramen and animals!