This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

Lately, I have noticed so many more people around me starting to get into reading and I personally love this! Books have been in my life since I was a little kid, and I always want to share and talk about books! Here are my favorite books right now and great recommendations to either get out of a reading slump, or to start getting you into reading!

• Verity by Colleen Hoover

After reading this book, I have the HIGHEST standards for everything I read!!! Verity is a psychological thriller/romance with such a big plot twist! I don’t want to say much about it because I don’t want to give anything away! I recommend this book to everyone I come across!

• The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid

This book tells a story of an Old Hollywood star, Evelyn Hugo. The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo makes you feel all the feelings, and keeps you interested the whole time! This book also has a great plot twist at the end!

• Anxious People by Fredrick Backman

Anxious People is not the book that I would normally pick out for myself to read. That being said, I thought it was great! It is about a failed bank robbery that turns an apartment viewing into a hostage situation. This book is not what it seems to be as it is so funny and touching.

• All Your Perfects by Colleen Hoover

I, of course, have to throw in a good romance!!! Although, All Your Perfects is not your typical romance book. This book will have you sobbing the whole time, both happy and sad tears. It never has a boring part, and it reels you in to make you really immersed with the characters!

Brielle Manzo

Jefferson '24

I am Brielle Manzo, and I am a sophomore at Thomas Jefferson University! I have a passion for fashion, and love writing about it! I also love to write anything life, beauty, or advice.