This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

With March wrapping up, our team is starting to look ahead to the end of the semester. But, first, we are looking back at the month of March to tell you what our favorite things of the month were. Read ahead to find what might become your new obsession!

Brittany: Georgetown Cupcakes

During spring break, my boyfriend and I were in Manhattan adventuring. I had previously seen on Instagram this cupcake shop/cafe called Georgetown Cupcake. They are originally based in Washington D.C., but they have several other locations, including one in NYC. We decided to check them out and it was the best decision I made that week. Everything about their cupcakes was all around delicious. I probably have the sweetest sweet tooth of them all, but there is a limit on how sweet frosting should be and theirs was impeccable. I highly suggest checking out their Instagram (@georgetowncupcake) to see what locations are near you, because it is worth it.

PC: Brittany

Abbey: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime

Earlier this month, my friend and I saw The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime at The Kimmel Center. Modeled after the book, Curious Incident was part of Broadway Philadelphia and captured the struggles of an autistic boy who was determined to figure out the murder of his neighbor’s dog. The show beautifully conveyed each character’s emotions through its technologically savvy set. It is easily my favorite play that I have ever seen and I am definitely on the watch for upcoming events at the Kimmel Center!

PC: Abbey

Carly: Kat Von D Lock-it Foundation

This month I finally splurged on a high-end foundation. I’m the kind of person that likes maximum coverage, so this was perfect for me. Not only does this foundation cover every single flaw you could possibly have, but it lasts all day. Now, if you don’t like to have a full face of makeup every day, this might not be for you, but I am definitely a fan.

PC: Carly

Jacqueline: Beauty and the Beast

Over spring break, I went and saw Beauty and the Beast with my roommate and her family. I am not much of Disney person so I have only seen the original Beauty and the Beast once or twice when I was young. I can’t speak to how the movie compared to the original, but to me it was a great movie with a wonderful cast and music. Emma Watson was a beautiful Belle and was so enchanting you couldn’t help but fall in love with her. Aside from the movie and the characters, the theater had reclining chairs! I have never been to a theater with cushioned reclining chairs before so I was almost more excited about the chairs than the actual movie. The chairs were so comfortable I was afraid I would fall asleep during the movie, but the movie was so spectacular it wasn’t possible!

PC: Disney Movies UK

Anna: Juara Hand Lotion

My favorite thing this month has been this life-saving hand lotion by Juara. It’s called the Coconut Illipe Hand & Nail Balm. I received it in my Birchbox, a monthly subscription box with beauty products. It came at the perfect time for me since my hands have been ridiculously dry causing my cuticles to crack and bleed from the dryness. It’s a pretty thick consistency so I apply this to my hands by first rubbing it around my nails and then using the rest to rub into the rest of my hands. It’s worked wonders so far and smells amazing!

PC: Anna

Christiana: Leaf Ring

I’m obsessed with this ring I bought in the historic marketplace in Athens! I love leaf rings and the laurel leaf motif on this one represents victory. For me it’s a reminder to celebrate the little everyday wins in life!

PC: Christiana

Kellyn: The Great British Baking Show

This show isn’t new in general, but it is new to me! I found The Great British Baking Show on Netflix this month and am obsessed. As a self-described connoisseur of cooking shows I’ve seen nearly all baking competition shows, but this one is by far my favorite. In it a group of home bakers go through weeks of competition to see who Britain’s next Star Baker is. They bake in a tent on the beautiful English countryside, create near-perfect pastries and desserts, and are delightfully polite and British the whole way through. While this is all wonderful, I’ll admit that one of the best parts of the show is Mary Berry, one of the judges. She’s a sweet old lady who always has the best jackets and an undeniable sweet tooth – she’s really what takes the cake! I highly recommend watching if you’re a fan of food competition shows of any sort.

PC: Kellyn

Ashby: Feud

This month, Ryan Murphy’s new show Feud premiered. I am a big fan of his other shows, American Horror Story and The People vs OJ Simpson, so I was very excited for this to come out. So far, I’ve seen three episodes and they have all been great. This season, the focus is on the feud between Joan Crawford and Bette Davis, but it is an anthology series so every season will feature a new feud. Susan Sarandon and Jessica Lange are in the starring roles. I’m excited to see what the rest of the season will bring.

PC: Daily Mail

Cora: How to Get Away with Murder

This month, I’ve been obsessed with the show How to Get Away With Murder. I never thought I’d get into this show since I’m not one for blood and more seriously toned shows. However, my mom had been urging me to watch it and from the second I started the series, I was hooked. It’s now my go to show to binge watch!

PC: Buzzfeed

Cover photo: Unsplash

The jefferson team is welcoming, fun, and loving!