This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

Two of my friends recently went through a breakup. I found something common in both their stories to me: “I just don’t get what I did” or “I don’t understand how he can give up so easily.” Well friends, I have something to tell you. It’s not you.

One thing I’ve learned from breakups is that they really take a toll on your self-confidence. You constantly think about the what if’s and what you could’ve done to make it last. But the truth is, there’s nothing you could’ve done. You were yourself and if they still left, that’s on them. My two friends are the most beautiful people, and it breaks my heart to see their self-love deteriorate because of a boy. The right one will not let you go, and will see you for all the beautiful, lovely things you are. Hearing their similar stories in such a concentrated amount of time made me realize that they are definitely not the only people feeling this way. I know I’m not an expert, and you probably don’t want to take advice from someone you don’t even know, but I just felt compelled to remind all of you how amazing you are, because I know it’s easy to forget. Whatever you’re going through, whether it’s a breakup or just lacking self-confidence, I need you to understand this: You are uniquely made, and you are radiant. No boy can take that away from you ever. If they don’t see how beautiful you really are on the inside and out, then wave goodbye. They don’t deserve you.

Marina Hatem

Jefferson '22

second year nursing student big believer in #girlpower lover of tea, yoga, crystals, & the color yellow