This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

Mascara

Lash Sensational Mascara 

This mascara was the first mascara I had ever purchased, and it still remains among my top favorites today. The curved wand perfectly coats the lashes from root to tip, providing them with amazing length and separation, perfect for a fanned-out effect. This mascara is clump-free, however, after about 2 months the formula begins drying out and it becomes harder to apply and keep it from clumping. It is also smudge and flake free! My only con for this mascara would be how much effort it takes to remove. 

This mascara retails for $11.99.

Lash Sensational Sky High Mascara 

This is my current mascara that I use in my daily makeup routine. I originally discovered it on TikTok, and it truly deserves all of the hype. The tapered brush design is ideal for reaching the corner lashes and giving them an overall fanned-out look. It gives a natural look with 1-2 coats, but can be built up with more layers. It’s so lightweight, and does not smudge or flake (I notice though that after  8 hours, some flaking does occur if I put it on my lower lashes). I get lots of compliments whenever I wear it and it seriously is so quick to apply. The raised letters on the packaging also make it easier to grip onto during the application process. 

This mascara retails for $12.99.

Lash Discovery Mascara

After seeing a TikTok review on this mascara, I decided to give it a try. The fine min-brush design is ideal for coating hard-to-reach lashes. Due to the thinness of the brush, I have poked myself in the eye multiple times before, so be aware when applying. This is mostly a lengthening formula that gives a very natural, wispy look to the lashes. Overall, it doesn’t give me the lash look that I prefer; however, it would be great for those starting. Regardless, the formula is easy to remove and is smudge and flake-free. 

This mascara retails for $9.99.

The Falsies Push Up Angel Mascara

I decided to give this mascara a go during the winter break, and it worked incredibly! During the first three weeks of application, it gave immense length, volume, and separation. My lashes had that spidery effect, and I was obsessed with how full they would look. After 3 weeks, the formula dries out quickly, and it wouldn’t give the same effect without clumping unfortunately. The curved wand was so interesting, and unlike anything I’ve ever seen before, but it would coat the lashes effortlessly from root to tip while lifting them. I would recommend this mascara while keeping the formula drying out in mind. Definitely worth a try though! 

This mascara retails for $11.99.

Lips

Superstay Ink Crayon Lipstick (Shade: Trust Your Gut and Lead the Way)

This is my favorite lipstick formula! The creamy formula is ideal for filling in the lips, but my favorite way to use it is by sharpening it using the built-in sharpener at the end. I love lining my lips with it, and applying gloss for the perfect combo. The shade Trust Your gut is my go-to for a cool toned rosy brown shade, and the shade Lead the Way is a fun pinky-nude shade. The formula also has a splendid vanilla scent that makes it that much better to apply. 

There are 26 shades to choose from and it retails for $10.99.

SuperStay Matte Ink Liquid Lipstick

This highly pigmented matte finish formula is not my favorite from the brand. There is a gorgeous shade range to choose from, and the shape of the brush is ideal for precise application, not to mention the delightful vanilla scent. Personally, matte lipsticks are not my favorite and this formula can feel sticky if too much is applied. However, I have family members that swear by this formula and use it on a regular basis. It is definitely long wearing, and will not budge even after a full meal. It’s a formula that doesn’t have the hassle of having to reapply it.

There are 30 shades to choose from and it retails for $10.99.

SuperStay Vinyl Ink Liquid Lipcolor (Shade: Cheeky) 

This product has such an innovative formula. It has the shine of a gloss, but the longevity of a matte lipstick. It is unlike anything I’ve ever tried. The formula is highly pigmented, long-wearing, and comfortable overall. The formula is also transfer-free, smudge, free, and requires a simple shake before application. The shade Cheeky is my favorite, for a rosy nude tone. 

There are 10 shades to choose from and retails for $12.99.  

Melisa Fat

Jefferson '26

Hi, I'm Melisa! I'm a freshman at Jefferson University studying pre-pharmacy.