This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

Everyone loves a good taco, but with so many places around, it can be hard to choose! We asked a few of our members to dish on their favorite taco places and…. well, you’re welcome.

LAS MARGARITAS

CORA: My number one place to go when I am craving Mexican food is Las Margaritas. Las Margaritas is a local business based in Philadelphia. The décor is bright and beautiful and the atmosphere is extremely welcoming and festive! My favorite dish to order from here is from the “Create Your Own Combo” menu, mainly because I can get both a taco and a burrito on the same plate, so I don’t have to choose! Their menu makes sure it clearly specifies which menu items are vegetarian, which makes going out with most of my friends much simpler. For the 21 and older crowd, the restaurant has over 100 tequilas to choose from and Happy Hour most days from 5 pm to 7 pm. By far, Las Margaritas is my favorite Mexican cuisine restaurant in the area, and, bonus points, it’s family owned!

Image Credit: Las Margaritas  |  Website: http://www.lasmargaritasphilly.com  |  Address: 2538 Welsh Road, Philadelphia, PA 19152

UNION TACO

JACKIE: I’m a sucker for Mexican food, and 9 times out of 10 if you ask what I want for dinner it’s a good chance the answer will be Mexican food. I’ve heard only good things about Union Taco on Main Street Manayunk, but I haven’t been there myself yet. However, after doing a quick check of their menu, I’m going to have to go treat myself one of these days. They have a delicious menu filled with tortas, tacos, salads, burritos, and even milkshakes! I myself, am interested in trying their traditional tacos that are filled with beef, jalapeno cheese, Pico de Gallo, and pickled jalapenos. It sounds every bit of spicy and delicious! Next on my list to try would be their chicken burrito which sounds like your standard burrito with corn, black beans, pepper jack cheese, and some avocado! And of course, what’s Mexican food without margaritas?!

Image Credit: Union Tacos  |  Website: https://www.uniontacos.com  |  Address: 4161 Main Street, Philadelphia, PA 19127

TAQUERIA FELIZ

CHRISTIANA: Nearby Union Tacos is one of my favorite places – Taqueria Feliz. I’m all for good food, but being in a fun, colorful environment makes it a million times better for me! Their tacos range from traditional flavors like Pork al Pastor and Mahi Mahi, to fun vegetarian options like their Brussel Sprouts and Cauliflower tacos, to their “funky stuff” Crispy Grashopper and Crispy Chicken Skin tacos. Each of their unique tacos is served on corn tortillas (which is fantastic for us gluten-free people), and are reasonably priced (most are under $15 for 2-3). Other bonuses include their endless chips and salsa and their Happy Hour for drinks and food every Monday through Friday from 4:30-6:30pm!

Image Credit: Taqueria Feliz  |  Website: http://www.taqueriafeliz.com  |  Address: 4410 Main Street, Philadelphia, PA  19127

COVER IMAGE: Timeout.com

Cora Burns

Jefferson '20

Trying to figure it out and writing about it as I go.
I am a senior Textile Materials Technoloy major from good ol' Pollock Pines, CA. I love water skiing, dancing, and mom blogs!!!!!!! 
The jefferson team is welcoming, fun, and loving!