Chickennuggets3_Alexfrank
Chickennuggets3_Alexfrank
Alex Frank / Spoon

Impossible Nuggets – A Dual-Perspective Review

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

At the end of last semester, our chapter was sent a package from Impossible Foods and our members were all able to try some for themselves! (Thank you!) After getting a bag of the Impossible Wild Nuggies, it was time to put them to the test. I shared these nuggets with my roommate Kate, who has been on a vegan diet for several years and was already a fan of the brand’s products, and as someone who eats meat, my perspective on these nuggets was very different from Kate’s. 

Emma’s Review 

As a childhood picky eater and adult meat-lover, I was a bit apprehensive to try a plant-based meat alternative. I was nervous that there may be a different taste or texture that would get in the way of enjoying these nuggets. I am more than happy to report that is not the case! My first thought when eating one of the nuggets was how well seasoned they were. I remember the dinosaur nuggets of my childhood being a bit bland, and the peppery taste of these nuggets was such a pleasant surprise. While these nuggets don’t necessarily taste exactly like chicken, they do taste exactly like a chicken nugget, which I feel like has been the best way to describe them so far. During winter break, I bought more of these Impossible Nuggets for myself, which was something I was definitely not expecting when I first tried them. Having these in the freezer has been perfect for those days where meat just doesn’t feel appetizing. Beyond that, I’ve been choosing them over regular grocery store chicken nuggets for several reasons: they taste better, they are healthier, and they are more environmentally-friendly. I also love the fun shapes of the Wild Nuggies! My favorite is the whales! Overall, Impossible Nuggets are meat-lover approved and even preferred!

Kate’s Review

I like the Impossible Nuggets! I consistently buy them and they’ve been a good staple to have available when looking for a quick, easy meal. I feel like people forget vegan people are lazy about cooking too, but these nuggets are great for those times when you don’t want to do too much. I like to pair the Impossible Nuggets with other foods, like pasta and mac and cheese, and they always go well together. The seasoning is enough to make the nuggets taste great but not so overpowering that they can’t be paired with other foods. I buy Impossible Nuggets over other vegan nugget alternatives because they are the most cost effective, so you get the most nuggets for the price. Impossible Nuggets aren’t trying too hard and it’s easy to see – they are a good comforting chicken nugget when that’s what you need. 

(P.S. My favorite Wild Nuggies shape is the whale.)

Emma Prushan

Jefferson '25

Emma is a junior at Jefferson studying Visual Communication Design/Graphic Design. She serves as Senior Editor, Events Coordinator, and Graphic Designer of HerCampus Jefferson. In her free time, she enjoys reading, doing crafts, playing the guitar, and taking any opportunities to be creative!