This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

With the constant responsibilities in our everyday lives, trivial things such as remembering where you put your car keys or that one piece of paper you need for an assignment get placed in the back of your mind.

A moment arises when you desperately need something, and you’re kicking yourself over the fact that you’re not organized.

Here are some tips and tricks on how to get it together:

1. Keep a planner

Write down all of your appointments, school assignments and responsibilities you need to complete throughout the day in a planner. It helps you keep track of time and whether or not you have achieved all of your goals for the day. Having everything in one place is a major benefit to keeping track of yourself!

2. Practice self-care

One of the key factors for having an organized life is to work on your mind, body and soul. If you don’t take the time to take care of yourself, you most likely won’t be motivated to prepare and organize yourself for the rest of the day. Whether it be exercising, listening to music, or drawing, whatever it takes to get you through the day will not only improve your mood, but the more you practice it, the better you will feel.

3. Make Sure Everything Has A Home (and keep a routine!)

When you come home from work or school, make sure you have a spot for your keys, your purse/bag, and your cellphone! Keep track of the items you reach for frequently on a day to day basis and you will never have to worry about where you put your things again!

"You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me." C.S. Lewis