This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

My family has a tradition not many other families have, at least not that I’ve heard of. While many people across the United States are watching the Superbowl every year, my dogs watch something called the Puppy Bowl. It’s very similar to the Superbowl, but it’s dogs! It’s a cute entertainment aired on live TV with a blue team and an orange team of a variety of dogs that try to score a touchdown on a mini football field with toys. There are even cheerleaders wearing tutus! We dress up both of my dogs (one wearing orange and the other wearing blue) and turn it on. Almost immediately, they come running into the living room and jump on the couch to be mesmerized by the other dogs trying to score a touchdown. It’s an absolutely adorable way to include our furry friends into Superbowl Sunday, which is a huge deal in my family every year, no matter what teams are playing. It brings everyone together for a good laugh and lets our dogs feel a little less overwhelmed with the amount of people in the living room. I highly suggest everyone do something similar with their dogs or cats (there’s a kitty half-time show) to really get the whole gang together. I look forward to continuing the tradition next weekend!

My name is Haley Rymarkiewicz and I am currently a Pre-Med Student at Thomas Jefferson University. In my free time, I love reading, dancing, painting, and listening to music. One fun fact about me is that I am the oldest of five siblings!