Graduation Inspiration

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

As a December grad, the light at the end of the tunnel is shining brighter than ever this fall. Although I don’t know if I’m emotionally ready to leave school, I’m definitely mentally ready (and exhausted). The senioritis is real, so I’ve made a list of things to look forward to once I graduate and (hopefully) have an income to invest in simple luxuries.

1. Skin Care

It’s not cheap! As much as I would love to have a daily routine with creams, cleansers, and primers so that I can have dewy, glowing skin, I can’t prioritize it on a college student’s budget.

2. Manicures

When I was in high school (and didn’t have bills to pay) I spent my paychecks on acrylic nails. Although the perk of being able to do things with my hands without fear of breaking a nail is nice, I’m a natural nail biter. Without acrylic nails, I compulsively chew my nails and the skin around them, resulting in very ugly fingers.

3. Food

For those who know me, my unhealthy eating habits are kind of a joke. Spaghettios, Poptarts, and Hamburger Helper are just a few of my favorite things to eat. I know I can’t sustain this diet forever, so I’m hopeful that with an income I will start to invest in healthy meals.

4. Shoes

Have you ever heard the saying that the first things a person notices about you are your nails and your shoes? Well we’ve already established that I have terrible nails, and it wouldn’t hurt to invest in some really nice, professional looking shoes as well. I’ve been wearing the same sneakers since I was a freshman in high school (8 years!!!) and the heels are almost rubbed through.

5. Puppy

This is the icing on the cake: a dog. I’ve never had a pet, and all I want is to have a Frenchie to love. When I see them in public, I want to cry because I want one so bad. Once I’m financially stable, this will be the best perk.

I am a sophomore Fashion Merchandising major from the eastern shore of Maryland. My interests include books, fashion, music, and movies.