pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Goodbye Letter from CC Jordan

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

It feels impossible that I’m writing my goodbye letter to Her Campus PhilaU. Two years ago, it was nothing more than an idea, “maybe we could.” I don’t know if my life would be any different if we hadn’t chased that idea down. Well, I guess I’d probably not be working on Her Campus the day before graduation- but really, I don’t know what paths I would’ve taken. What I do know, is that I’m glad that we did chase it down.

Her Campus was the first time I really was in a full blown leadership position, where it was just Cait and I, the buck stopped with us. I couldn’t default to anyone, nothing was above my pay grade. That pushed both of us to step up and really take control over this thing that was our own. So we did, and I dreamed big with it. Really big, I had high hopes and lofty ambitions. I wasn’t prepared to fail, but I also wasn’t expecting it all to work out exactly like I thought it would.

You girls changed all of that. You decided Her Campus PhilaU was going to be something special, and it is. I was afraid no one would show up to any of our meetings, but we ended this year with 14 members. I worried that with Cait and I as graduating seniors, we might only get a year or two out of the club, but the freshmen built this organization, including one of our upcoming CC’s. You dedicated tons of time and effort into producing incredible content, even with classes and work and other clubs on campus. Her Campus PhilaU only exists because you made it happen. Because when I said early on that I would like to see us hit Bronze Level by the end of the year, you did it in one semester.

There is nothing that makes me more proud than Her Campus PhilaU. It drives me crazy but I love every second of it. I was inducted into our leadership society, Omicorn Delta Kappa, around this time last year. But it wasn’t until I started working with Her Campus that I really started to believe in those principles, that to lead is to serve. So I hope I’ve served you all well, and done right by you every day.

I know you will all rock it next year, and I can’t wait to see where Her Campus PhilaU goes. Over the year, this quote has been written in my agenda more weeks than not, “Stay humble, stay hungry, and always be the hardest worker in any room.” You got this.

XOHC

Jordan