Full Coverage: ESPN Game of the Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

Philadelphia University Rams played its big ESPN game Saturday January 30 against the Bloomfield Bears. Walking into the gym you could feel the excitement and school spirit. The gym was a sea of maroon no matter where you looked.

There was so much action from the two games, cheerleaders and Ramettes, to the very enthusiastic student body! 

The day started off with the women’s game. The PhilaU Rams held their own the entire game. Spectators watched from the edge of their seats in anticipation as the score went back and forth the whole game. PhilaU was hopefully to see the women’s coach, Tom Shirley, to receive his 700th win. Unfortunately no matter how much blood, sweat, and tears were left on that court the PhilaU rams came up a little short on the score board. Nonetheless it was clear from the crowd that everyone was proud to be a PhilaU Ram that day!

Next, came the men’s game and if the crowd wasn’t already defining before, now you really needed ear plugs. There was so much excitement to be felt as the men took the court ready to play some ball! As per usual, the men did not let us down and left everything they had on that court! By half-time, when the cheerleaders and ramattes put on an amazing show, the PhilaU rams were head by 13 points! However, after half-time the Bloomfield Bears kicked into gear, eventually tying the game at one point. By now the crowd was going crazy as we watched the two men’s team go back-and-forth! In the end, with only a few seconds left on the clock, the PhilaU Rams came out on top 79-75! What a great day to be a Ram! 

I am a senior Textile Materials Technoloy major from good ol' Pollock Pines, CA. I love water skiing, dancing, and mom blogs!!!!!!!