Flashback Friday: Manayunk StrEAT Food Festival

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

Twice a year, Manayunk holds its StrEAT Food Festival. For the afternoon, Main Street is full of amazing food trucks and gourmet food vendors. Manayunk is holdings its Spring StrEAT Food Festival this Sunday, April 9th from 11am to 5pm. If you haven’t checked it out before, here are a few reasons why you should.

Abbey-

I went in the Fall this year and I can’t wait to go back and try food from other vendors. My favorite vendor so far has been My Four Suns, a Korean fusion food truck that specializes in blending finger food with traditional Korean fare. They make Korean tacos that are the perfect blend of spicy, savory, and yummy.

PC: Faith Reusing

Ashby

I went last Spring and it was a great time. The weather was awesome and the event was very well attended. There were so many yummy choices, so I recommend being prepared to eat and spend money! My favorite food truck was the Cow and the Curd. The served cheddar cheese curds with different sauces to dip them in. They were easy to eat and walk with and they were fairly inexpensive!

PC: Ashby

Kellyn

I went to StrEAT last spring and this fall, and plan to go every semester from here on out! Last spring break I created a food instagram and started lovingly following a lot of the food trucks in Philly, several of which often come to the food festival. The most surprising thing I ever ate there was a Peanut Butter Pulled Pork sandwich from PB&U. It was pork, a slaw, and spicy peanut butter sauce. I know it sounds weird, but I promise it was absolutely delicious. I’ve also stopped by Underground Donuts both times I went and, if you’re going to stop anywhere, this would be the place. The line is usually super long but it’s absolutely worth it when you receive freshly fried donuts in a lot of fun favorites. My favorite has been the Captain Kranky: a donut with raspberry coulis and Captain Crunch on it! If you’re on the fence about going I would highly suggest giving it a chance – and make sure to bring a friend that you can split some food with!

Brittany

I went to the StrEAT Food Festival last spring and was astonished as how much I tried to eat that day. I was with Ashby, my boyfriend, and a couple other friends of ours; each one of us went to a different stand or truck. I remember going to Chocolate Bar Suppliers and Say Cheese. Chocolate Bar Suppliers has a wide variety of gourmet chocolate for you to sample and purchase, while Say Cheese, if you haven’t guessed it, has several variations of grilled cheeses for you to taste. (Disclaimer: Say Cheese will not be at the 2017 Spring festival.) I highly suggest checking out the link below to see what’s going to be there and really consider going, because it’s such a fun time to just eat with friends.

Check out this link for more information:

http://manayunk.com/news-and-events/events/spring-streat-food-festival.html – Manayunk’s Spring StrEAT Food Festival information

The jefferson team is welcoming, fun, and loving!