This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

Today, there are so many mascaras in the market that it can get overwhelming; between the different brands and types of formulas that are available, the value can get quite pricey. Here are five drugstore mascaras that won’t break the bank, but perform like high-end:

1. Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara

The Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara is truly one of my favorite formulas of all time, retailing for only $11.99. The curved plastic wand makes it easy to apply, while grabbing onto every little lash. The formula is very lengthening and separating, giving a fanned-out and fluttery effect to the lashes. It is great at curling and keeping the lashes up, as well for those who struggle with straight lashes. The mascara is also smudge and flake-free. The wand of this mascara is incomparable to other mascaras!

Maybelline Lash Sensational Full Fan Effect Volume Mascara - BuyMeBeauty.com

2. Maybelline Sky High Mascara

I Reviewed the Viral Maybelline Sky High Mascara in 2022

The Maybelline Sky High Mascara, a viral product that blew up on Tik Tok, surely deserves the hype. This mascara retails for $12.99, and the tapered plastic wand allows for easy application from the roots to the tips of the eyelashes. The formula is both lengthening and volumizing, yet it will not smudge or flake. The formula has a good dry time that will make applying easy and effortless. Plus, the packaging is just stunning!

3. L’Oréal Telescopic Mascara

Amazon.com : L'Oreal Paris Makeup Telescopic Original Lengthening Mascara,  Black, 0.27 Fl Oz (1 Count) : Loreal Telescopic Mascara : Beauty & Personal  Care

L’Oréal’s Telescopic Mascara is the ultimate statement piece for defining the lashes. The super thin wand might look intimidating, but really coats the lashes perfectly, providing extreme length. This mascara also separates the lashes effortlessly, giving a clump-free look. It also works great as a lower-lash mascara for reaching those hard-to-get lashes while staying smudge and resistant-free. And it is only $12.99.

4. ​​L’Oréal Lash Paradise Mascara

L'Oréal Paris Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara Review | Allure

Although this is not my favorite stand-alone mascara, the L’Oréal Lash Paradise mascara is the perfect mascara to mix with other formulas. The hourglass, natural bristle wand allows for optimal volume and is superb at darkening the lashes. Paired with lengthening mascaras, such as the L’Oréal Telescopic Mascara, the two can go hand in hand to make both worlds possible. The product retails for $12.99, is smudge and flake-free, and the formula is quite easy to take off for those who struggle to remove makeup gently.

5. Essence Lash Princess False Lash Effect Mascara

Amazon.com: essence | Lash Princess False Lash Effect Mascara | Gluten &  Cruelty Free : Beauty & Personal Care

The Essence Lash Princess False Lash Effect Mascara is only $4.99, an unbeatable price! This formula gives the most dramatic volume and intense darkness to the lashes. The natural bristled, tapered wand gives the illusion of a cat-eye while lasting all day, and being both smudge and flake-free. The packaging is adorable, and the formula is amazing for a phenomenal price point.

Melisa Fat

Jefferson '26

Hi, I'm Melisa! I'm a freshman at Jefferson University studying pre-pharmacy.