jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

Autumn is my favorite season! The beautiful foliage, Halloween, cool weather, and any excuse to wear a hoodie and sweatpants are some of my favorite seasonal attributes!

While students get caught up in the hectic time of midterms and working, it’s important to plan in advance when you take time for yourself. I find that the more I am able to balance alone time, time with friends and schoolwork, the easier it is for me to stay motivated and productive.

Here are some fun and easy ways to make the most of your fall season free-time!

1. Read a new book

I don’t know about you, but there’s nothing more I love than reading. My favorite genre is mystery/horror/thriller and I’ll take any excuse to buy a new book. Books act as a distraction for me throughout my day to day life and I find comfort in being able to think about anything other my stressors instantly. I highly recommend ‘Something Wicked This Way Comes’ by Ray Bradbury.

2. Watch a spooky TV-Show or Movie

To me, Halloween is 365 days a year. But before October 31st rolls around, I’m all for watching scary movies and television series. Some of my personal favorites are ‘Over the Garden Wall’ and ‘American Horror Story.’

3. Apple/Pumpkin Picking

I recently went to Linvilla Orchards and it was one of the best experiences I’ve had while living in Philadelphia! There’s plenty of farmers markets in the tri-state area but the orchards were beautiful and there was an art and musical festival going on during our visit. They have hay-rides, apple cider donuts and a beautiful pumpkin patch.

4. Just because!

Some things I love to do to get into the spirit of the autumn season is to decorate. They’ve got lots of cute fall and Halloween decorations at target and tj maxx, I always feel inclined to just fill up my shopping cart. Redecorating your space and organizing helps put me in a better mood. Invest in new fall scents, change your wardrobe and do what makes you happy!

"You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me." C.S. Lewis