Fall 2016 Makeup Trends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

It’s easy to get stuck in a rut with your makeup,  using the same products and doing the same thing every day because it’s easy and time efficient. However, here are 5 fall makeup trends to help you get out of your comfort zone and inspire creativity in how you do your makeup from day to day! 

1. Soft Orange/Peachy Eyeshadows I know what you’re thinking – peach eyeshadow for the fall? But a soft orange or peach eyeshadow paired with a dark smoky liner or  a vampy lip will make the look perfect for fall. It’s soft, easy to blend onto the lid, and effortless for an everyday look! Above: Anastasia Modern Renaissance Palette ($42) – (temporarily out of stock, but there are always other options!)

Below: Sonia Kashuk Matte Palette ($19.99)

< - - >

2. Graphic Eyeliner: It’s not the most wearable trend, but it’s definitely fun and cool, which makes it perfect for a night out! Using a gel or liquid eyeliner, you can create the most simplistic cat-eye, or if the cat-eye is too tame for you, try something bolder like the image shows above.

Above: Kat Von D Tattoo Eyeliner ($20)

Below: Maybelline EyeStudio Gel Eyeliner ($7.79)

​< - - >  

3. Glitter Accents on the Eyes Glitter accents are another trend that doesn’t seem to be the most wearable, but can be if you do it right. Just don’t stick your face in glitter and expect it to look good! If you gently dab your fingers into the glitter and then onto your eyes, it’ll show up vibrant but subtle. Make sure to use an eye primer before applying any glitter, though!

Above: MAC Glitter ($22)

Below: NYX Glitter ($3)

​< - - >  

4. Vampy Lips Obviously vampy lips are going to be a trend for fall! However, this year it’s less about burgundy lips and more about the deep plum and purple lips that can almost look black.  

Above: MAC lipstick in ‘Cyber’ ($17)

Below: Milani lipstick in ‘Black Cherry’ ($4.99)

< - - >  

5. Copper Eyes Similar to the soft orange eyes, but with more vibrancy and sheen. Copper shadow is beautiful with any eye color, especially blue eyes, and are gorgeous for the fall!

Above: Makeup Forever Aqua Cream Eyeshadow in ‘Golden Copper’ ($23)

Below: L’oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in ‘Amber Rush’  ($7.99)

Sophomore transfer that's in Fashion Merchandising!