Style > Beauty

Drugstore Makeup Products That Are Totally Worth Buying 

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

Makeup has been something that I have been in love with since I was about ten years old. I would always look up different makeup looks and try to recreate them, and I began wearing makeup every day, making it part of my daily routine. Although there are many luxury makeup brands that are amazing and definitely worth the price, there are a lot of drugstore makeup products that are just as, or even more, amazing. Here are some amazing drugstore makeup products that I love and have been using for years!  

1. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer  

This Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer has been a product that I have used since I began wearing makeup. It makes perfect sense to buy a really good and inexpensive concealer since it is one of those makeup products that you run out of so often. This eight-dollar concealer is perfect for covering up redness and dark circles and makes you feel beautiful all day long! 

1. Maybelline Fit Me Matte and Poreless Powder 

Another Maybelline product that I have been using since I began wearing makeup would be the Maybelline Fit Me Matte and Poreless Powder. This powder erases that greasy glow that foundation and concealer leave on the skin and leaves your face looking fresh and matte for a very long time without having to reapply. This powder is only nine dollars and very up to par compared to its expensive competitors. 

1. Nyx Matte Finish Setting Spray 

The Nyx Matte Finish Setting Spray is a product that I have recently added to my collection within the past six months, and I am very glad that I did. Before this setting spray, I used to very rarely use setting spray as I didn’t see very much difference when I did and didn’t use it. This four-dollar setting spray works wonders and makes me feel beautiful all day long.  

1. Essence Lash Princess Mascara  

This mascara comes in all different forms, including false lash effect, curl and volume, and many others are truly the best mascaras that I have used in the nearly ten years that I have been doing my makeup. It really does amaze me that a product like these costs only four dollars and makes so much of an impact on how the rest of your makeup looks. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for an inexpensive and impactful mascara.  

1. Loreal True Match Lumi Glotion 

A product that I have been using underneath my makeup for the past couple months is the Loreal True Match Lumi Glotion. Not only is this product moisturizing, but it also adds a sort of glow and tan affect to your skin, perfecting for layering makeup on top of. Although this lotion seems a little pricey for a drugstore brand, coming in at twenty dollars, it is the perfect dupe for the Drunk Elephant Bronze Drops that cost around fifty dollars.  

Olivia Robb

Jefferson '26

Hi! My name is Olivia Robb and I am a first-year Pre-Medical Studies major here at TJU! I love many things from makeup to Marvel and I am so excited to be a part of this group!