A Day in Manayunk: Places to Visit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

Having a school located in mere driving distance of Main Street Manayunk has its perks! Recently two friends and I took a break from our Saturday mid-afternoon homework and studies piled into the car, and headed to Main Street.

Our first stop was the Couch Tomato where we took shelter from the brisk winter air to grab some lunch. We discussed our love of books and dessert while consuming mouthwatering sandwiches, pizza, and soup! The warm food was good for the soul and warming up our cold bodies.

After a quick bite, we strolled off to the Spiral Bookcase, a cozy used book store. We love this place because it is your classic little bookstore filled with books that wear the worn love of many readers. Each book not only tells the story the author wrote, but the stories of many readers who have spent their time getting lost inside the pages. What makes the Spiral Bookcase even better is it has its own book-loving cat! Okay, maybe the pretty kitty, Amelia, doesn’t read the books herself, but she does love snuggling up to the bookstore readers as they show her and the books some love!

Our next stop was Sweet Elizabeth! One of the cutest bakeries filled with the most delicious cupcakes, cakes, and macaroons! We each got ourselves some of the delicious cupcakes! I indulged in vanilla cupcake with strawberries and a Champagne buttercream frosting. My friends indulged in a chocolate chip cupcake with a salted caramel frosting, and a vanilla pound cake with an Oreo frosting. Simply delicious! We continued our day by strolling the sidewalk and popping in and out of the many vintage, chic, and beautiful boutiques that line Main Street.

We really enjoyed a day well-spent and would definitely recommend heading down to Main Street Manayunk if you have some free time and are in need of study break!

I am a senior Textile Materials Technoloy major from good ol' Pollock Pines, CA. I love water skiing, dancing, and mom blogs!!!!!!!