This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

Blondie in Manayunk is one of the most popular brunch spots on Main Street, especially on a Sunday afternoon. Despite the rainy, foggy chill of a late January Sunday, Blondie’s tables were full and the line was out the door. Luckily, my friend and I arrived just before the noon rush. We ducked in from the rain and were seated at a table by the bistro’s front windows right away. 

With marble, green, and gold, Blondie certainly has an elegant feel, reminiscent of the Art Deco style of the 1920s or classic Old Hollywood. A sign by the door also advertised their “Pink Room” which guests could reserve for events or parties. Blondie is filled to the brim with tables at multiple levels, which certainly creates an atmosphere of excitement and bustle, but it was difficult for my friend and I to hear our conversation over the dozens of others happening in the room. 

Loving sweet brunches, I was incredibly excited to order the peaches and cream french toast I had heard about and seen on their online menu. However, when I was handed my menu, I was disappointed to see that the peaches in the dish had been switched out for apples. I am not sure if this is a seasonal change as they wait for the warmth of summer to bring back fresh peaches. That being said, I still ordered the apples and cream french toast with a side of bacon and a glass of orange juice. My friend ordered the chicken and waffles with a raspberry sea salt espresso martini. 

Before our food arrived, my friend received her martini from the bar, and she said that it was delicious. For those over 21, the raspberry sea salt martini is typically served as a flight with three other espresso martinis. My friend is not a coffee drinker but said that the raspberry and sea salt flavors definitely overcame the espresso. (With a few months left until my 21st birthday, I can say that the orange juice was delicious.)

Our food arrived fairly quickly, and everything was delicious. My friend loved her chicken and waffles, as well as the home fries she got on the side. Although I will admit to still being disappointed about the lack of peaches, the apples and cream french toast were still sure to please, topped with pecans and served over a vanilla brandy anglaise. The anglaise was so good and my favorite part of the dish. I was scooping up the remains with my fork after I finished my french toast. The bacon was cut a bit thicker than I prefer, but the meat was high quality and my friend happily ate the pieces I did not. 

Brunch at Blondie is served from 11 am to 4 pm on Fridays and 10 am to 4 pm on Saturdays and Sundays. It is located near the end of Main Street close to Tsaocaa Bubble Tea and the post office. Sunday brunch at Blondie was a fun and delicious way to spend my Sunday morning, and I cannot wait to go back when the weather is warmer in search of the peaches and cream french toast.

Emma Prushan

Jefferson '25

Emma is a junior at Jefferson studying Visual Communication Design/Graphic Design. She serves as Senior Editor, Events Coordinator, and Graphic Designer of HerCampus Jefferson. In her free time, she enjoys reading, doing crafts, playing the guitar, and taking any opportunities to be creative!