Broadway Flea Market

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

On Sunday, September 24th, the 31st Annual Broadway Flea Market and Grand Auction will be held from 10 AM to 7 PM. One-of-a-kind theatre merchandise and memorabilia will fill West 44th and 45th street between Broadway and Eighth Avenue and will even be sold by some Broadway stars! There will be over fifty tables full of merchandise from all of your favorite shows. Money raised through the Flea Market is all donated to Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS and recycled right back into the Broadway community.

I attended last year and am really looking forward to see what this year brings! Last year $782,081 was raised, and they expect to raise even more this year. Since the very first flea market, they have raised over $12 million. Money is not only raised through theatre trinkets being sold along the streets, but even by selling some even more exciting and once-in-a-lifetime opportunities! Some of these opportunities include walk-on roles, VIP house seats/backstage visits, autographed show memorabilia, and opening night tickets to new shows. The tables lining the streets are filled with merchandise such as posters, playbills, buttons, CDs, records, and a plethora of other collectibles.

What else is better than a Sunday full of shopping, theatre, and to top it all off—giving to a great cause? Not much. If nothing else, it’s a great excuse to go out and explore the New York City. Make the most of your day and explore new restaurants, parks, boroughs, or see a show!

For more information about this year’s Broadway Flea Market, visit https://broadwaycares.org/.

PC: broadwayworld.com

Cora Burns

Jefferson '20

Trying to figure it out and writing about it as I go.