This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

Reading books allows you to delve into a new world and meet new people (characters) to love, hate, and be curious about. While stand-alone books are amazing to read sometimes, you may want to learn more about the side characters or the new world that you fall in love with as you read a book. Books series are some of my favorite books to read because they allow you to fully immerse into a world and enjoy the characters, their stories, and the world they create together. Below I have listed the first books of various series that I have loved over the years so you can add them to your To-Be-Read list. 

1. Angel’s Rest by Emily March – This is the first book in the Eternity Springs Series of 18 books. The books are set in the small town of Eternity Springs in Colorado, known for its healing powers that welcome all individuals to get the love they need to heal their souls. This particular book is about Nic Sullivan, a veterinarian, and Gabrielle Callahan, a talented architect, as he faces his tragedies to accept the second chance at life that he got. Just like the remaining books in this series, this one is about a soul’s pain and heartbreak as well as their chance at romance and redemption.
  2. The Bromance Book Club by Lyssa Kay Adams– The first book in the Bromance Book Club Series where the main male characters form a book club to learn from romantic books as a way to woo the women in their lives. In this first book, Gavin Scott is a second baseman whose marriage is in trouble but he turns to help from the secret bromance club filled with Nashville’s top alpha males as they try to figure out how to help him win back his wife. These books are a perfect read for individuals looking for a wholesome book that provides pure entertainment while also imparting various life lessons. Plus, it is amazing to see these alpha males learning how to truly love a woman through romance books, a series perfect for all the people who want a book boyfriend.
  3. Burn by Suzanne Wright  – This is the book that starts the Dark in You series, which takes place in a paranormal world full of various demons and the underworld. This book begins with the story of Knox Thorne and Harper Wallis, who are each other’s psychic mate or “anchor,” creating an unbreakable bond between them that stabilizes their demons stopping them from turning rogue. The first four books of this series follow Know and Harper as they face various problems in each book to get their happily ever after or as much as possible in the demon world. Each of the remaining books in the series follows a different side character’s love story that we have fallen in love with in the first book. This series is perfect for readers who enjoy paranormal or supernatural romances and enjoy more darker romance books full of possessiveness and a strong love between main characters.
  4. A Promise of Fire by Amanda Bouchet – This is a book that I have previously recommended in a different article but I love it so much that I have mentioned it again. This is the first book to be a part of The Kingmaker Chronicles, which is set in the fictional kingdom of Thalyria. The books follow the lives of Cat, Griffin, and his team of warriors as they meet and are pushed to embark on a new journey to forever change the world they live in. In this book, Griffin kidnaps Cat once realizing she is the Kingmaker, a powerful weapon for his newly conquered realm, but he soon hopes to keep her forever by his side as his equal if only she would stop fighting him. A must-read series for those who love fantasy romance, magic, greek mythology, mystery, suspense, and enemies-to-lover because this is a book you can not put down until you finish the whole series.
  5. The Sweetest Obsession by Danielle Lori – The first book of the Made series, a mafia romance series that explores the underworld as well as romance in this unlikely world. This book is about Elena Abelli, the perfect mafia princess, and Nicolas Russo, a mafia boss, as they marry one another and undertake a new life together in the mafia world that may tear them apart before they even get together. The books in this series follow different made men and their tumultuous love stories as they each try to find love for the special woman in their life in this dangerous world. This series is perfect for readers who love made men, mafia romances, dark romances, and steamy books that bring butterflies to your stomach.

As a side note: The order of these books is not my ranking of them; I have read these books and thoroughly enjoyed the universes I was placed into while reading them. To know more about these books, please go on to Goodreads to learn more. 

The books mentioned above are a small amount of the various books that are part of a series in the romance genre, not including the thousands of book series in a myriad of other genres. I hope you are able to thoroughly enjoy the books I have recommended so that you have new characters to love and new books to add to your to-be-read list.

Vrunda Raj

Jefferson '27

A writer who hopes to inspire and inform people with her words and thoughts. I enjoy writing about food, current world events, research topics and a multitude of other subjects.