This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

In a previous article, I explained the love I have for book series because it gives readers the opportunity to join and explore a new world. Book series are special types of books to read because of the fact that it allows individuals to immerse themselves into a universe with characters that they can fall in love with and watch grow throughout multiple books, even as side characters. This article is the second part of the previously written article about book series to add to your to-be-read list. Below I have listed the first books of different series that I enjoy so that you have more book series to love.

1. Overflow by Brynne Asher – This is the first book in the Carpino Series of 5 books. The books follow the Carpino family as the members of this crazy Italian family deal with finding and accepting their individual love stories. This book, in particular, is about Gabrielle Carpino, who is trying to overcome the tragedy she has faced but is still unable to deal with it.  Special Agent Jude Ortiz makes an unexpected appearance in her life by cuffing and patting her down. They attempt to love each other as they deal with family, nightmares, resurfacing demons, and more to get a chance at a happily ever after. This book is perfect for readers who love a large family that cares about each other and who love a romance mixed in with crime and danger.
  2. Until Tomorrow Comes by Adelaide Forest– The first book in Beauty in Lies books series where Rafael, the mafia king, falls in love with Isa at first sight. The entire book series is about their love story as they go through tribulations and obstacles between them and the world that they live in. The first book is the innocent love story on Isa’s part as she meets a man that is charming and falls in love with him in Ibiza while Rafael has waited 16 months to make her his using whatever he deems necessary to gain her. The following 3 books are the continuation of their love story as she realizes his reality, the world they surround themselves in, more importantly, her own truth. This book is not for the faint of heart, but it definitely is for people who enjoy dark mafia romances.
  3. The Tycoon by Molly O’Keefe  – This is the book that starts the King Family series, which takes place on King’s Land and showcases the complicated lives of the King Family. This book is about Veronica King, who is forced to go back to King Estate when her father dies, but more importantly, she is forced to see Clayton Rorick, the man she loved but who only saw her as a business transaction. Clayton was promised Veronica as his wife, and he wants exactly that, striking a deal with Veronica to help her and her siblings as long as she is his wife. This story is perfect for readers who believe in a second-chance romance and that you have to move on from the past to create a future.
  4. The Coppersmith Farmhouse by Devney Perry – This is the first book to be a part of the Jamison Valley series, which is set in the small town of Jamison Valley, Montana. The books follow the lives of Georgia and her daughter as they unexpectedly move after receiving the gift of a farmhouse. The town’s sheriff, however, does not trust a woman like Gigi and does not want her in his town and especially not in the farmhouse that was supposed to be his. He learns that Gigi is more than her looks and that she may actually be the person he’s been wanting if he can make up for acting like a fool. This book is for readers that enjoy wholesome romances and want a series that showcases the essence of living and living in a small town.
  5. Aaron’s Patience by Tiffany Patterson – The first book of The Townsends of Williamsport series, full of interconnected but stand-alone romances about brothers who find love as one of the richest families existing. This book is about Aaron Townsend, the CEO of Townsend Industries, and his former love, Patience. Patience and Aaron have bad blood, mistrust, and secrets between them, but they also love each other, even if it is hidden. But their biggest problem isn’t each other but other dangerous people, and it seems like the only person able to protect Patience is Aaron. This book is perfect for readers who love both dark and wholesome romances as this is a perfect middle ground showcasing a love story with violence, dangers, and steamy love scenes ending with a happily ever after.

As a side note: The order of these books is not my ranking of them; I have read these books and thoroughly enjoyed the universes I was placed into while reading them. To know more about these books, please go on to Goodreads to learn more. 

Book series are present in every possible genre and these are only a minute portion of romance book series that exist in the world. I hope that the book series I mentioned above brings every possible emotion to your heart to make you truly fall in love with these wonderful books that are a new addition to your to-be-read list.

Vrunda Raj

Jefferson '27

A writer who hopes to inspire and inform people with her words and thoughts. I enjoy writing about food, current world events, research topics and a multitude of other subjects.