tailgate captions?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
tailgate captions?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Photo By Kampus Productions from Pexels

7 Things to Do Over Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

It’s finally starting to get warmer on the East Coast! After Phil the groundhog declared an early spring, we’ve been gearing up for nicer weather. This switch is just in time for spring break, which just about everyone needs right now. Lord knows I need it after the rough start of the spring semester. For those of us who aren’t able or don’t want to take a trip over break, there are still plenty of things that we can do to destress. Here’s 10 fun things to do over spring break that are mostly cost friendly and close to home. 

1. Get a new look

Spring break is the perfect time to reinvent yourself! Cut or dye your hair, or get a new piercing or tattoo. While a little expensive, it’s a fun thing to do by yourself or with a friend from home.

1. Have a lakeside picnic

Even if you don’t live near a lake, anywhere can be a place to set a picnic blanket. Grab some friends and great food and set up a little picnic. Bonus points for cute photos taken!

1. Spring cleaning

This one’s kind of basic, but everyone needs to clean something. It’s the perfect time for reset. Especially for those of us that are moving out for good soon, it’s time to declutter our home spaces.

1. Get in tune with nature

Whether it be a hike, time by water, or a simple walk in your neighborhood, it is so easy to spend time in nature. Warmer weather means you don’t have to bundle up when stepping foot outside anymore. 

1. Revamp your closet

What’s a better time than now to pick out some new outfits? A small shopping trip won’t hurt anything, right?! (Besides my shrinking wallet – it’ll definitely hurt that)

1. Start a new hobby

Pick up reading, crocheting, or watch a new show. The possibilities are endless with all this newfound time.

1. Visit a fair

Depending on where you live, fairgrounds start popping up with the beginning of spring. Try to win a prize on a minigame or pick up a deep fried something that’s always so good. 

Get out there and adventure! Spring break is the time to do things we normally can’t because of our busy schedules. Even if it’s a week of lazy mental rejuvenation, do at least one thing nice for yourself this break.

Emily Philippi

Jefferson '26

My name is Emily and I'm currently a pre-med student at Thomas Jefferson University. In my free time I love to read, work out, go on hikes, and spend time with my two cats!