This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

Valentine’s Day is that special time of the year to really acknowledge and appreciate the people that you love. I think most of the time we focus more on the romantic relationship aspect of the holiday. Therefore, we assume that Valentine’s Day is not for us if we don’t have a significant other in our life. However, that is far from the truth! Valentine’s Day is a holiday to celebrate all kinds of love whether it’s from a parent, sibling, or friend. Galentine’s Day has gained more attraction over the years as a way to celebrate your love and friendship with your girls! Here are some activity ideas to do with your girls this Galentine’s!

1. Brunch
Brunch is a classic way to spend time with your friends. You can either make brunch with friends at home or you can go out to your favorite brunch restaurant. Both are great ways to relax while eating delicious food. There are a lot of brunch places to try out in Philly. My friends and I have gone to Green Eggs Cafe and SOMO Manayunk which are both amazing!

2. Themed Cocktail Night
I’ve been seeing themed cocktail nights all over my FYP on TikTok and you’ve probably heard of them too. It’s where you pick a theme like careers, a Disney movie, or Valentine’s Day and everyone has to bring a cocktail that fits that theme. You can get so creative with these! An added activity is to play a card game too. Card games and cocktails are a great pair! My friends and I love our card games. We own Cards Against Humanity, For The Girls, Do or Drink, and That’s What She Said. All are super fun and exciting to play with friends!

3. Pizza and Movie Night
Last Galentine’s, my friends and I made heart shaped pizzas and watched a rom-com. The pizzas were so cute and delicious! It was a fun activity to do with my friends. At the end of the night we watched The Proposal which was a great way to unwind :)

4. Pottery/Candle/Paint Class
I’ve seen TikToks of candle-making classes and pottery classes all the time. I’ve always wanted to try one out. I have gone to a Painting With a Twist class with my sister and her friend and it was so much fun! Even if you’re not very artsy, the instructor will slowly walk you through the whole thing in a way that makes it so much easier. It is such a fun experience and you get to leave with a beautiful painting!

Riya Roy

Jefferson '24

Hi! I'm Riya, a Senior Pre-Med major at Jefferson! I'm from Northeast Philly and I've lived there my whole life. I enjoy reading, art, baking and binge watching Netflix! This year, I'm one of the Campus Correspondents for Her Campus Jefferson and I'm so excited!! Hope you enjoy my articles :)