3 Easy Pumpkin Recipes to Get in To the Fall Spirit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

Fall is finally here! Get ready with some easy pumpkin inspired recipes to feel the fall spirit. As we find ourselves approaching the peak of spooky season this also means many of us are approaching midterm season as well. Between studying and classes this leaves us little time for ourselves. I’ve got the solution for you!  I’ve found 3 quick and easy recipes that take little to no time to prepare that release some serotonin for that fall buzz.

1.Pumpkin Waffles & Pancakes

Are you a waffle or pancake person? Personally, waffles are the way to go but don’t stress, Trader Joes came out with a delicious pumpkin pancake mix that doubles as a waffle mix.  This recipe has 4 simple ingredients and 4 simple steps. You can find it at your local Trader Joes for $2 or off Amazon for around $10. I love this recipe because it’s not only quick but the waffles themselves aren’t super sweet. This allows the pumpkin and spices to have a lot of flavor and adding syrup makes the perfect duo.

• 1 Cup Trader Joe’s Mix
  • 2 Tablespoons Melted Butter
  • ¾ Cup Milk
  • 1 Egg. Lightly Beaten

For the Full Recipe Go To: https://www.traderjoes.com/fearless-flyer/article/5589

2. Pumpkin Seeds

Roasting pumpkin seeds is the best way to get rid of your pumpkin carving waste. This recipe only has 3 ingredients and the bulk of your time is spent waiting for the seeds to crisp up! I did find the process of separating the seeds from the flesh of the pumpkin to be on the messier side, but the outcome is well worth the hassle! I find myself snacking on these consistently and I think they would be an adorable gift for friends and family.

• 1 ½ Cups Raw Whole Pumpkin Seeds
  • 2 teaspoons Butter, Melted
  • 1 Pinch of Salt

For the Full Recipe Go To: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/13768/roasted-pumpkin-seeds/

3. Pumpkin Muffins

This recipe is the most involved out of the 3 however, they are really hard to mess up! The muffins come out dense but extremely moist. Similar to the waffles, this recipe isn’t  too sweet so I recommend adding cream cheese frosting or powdered sugar to the top!

• 1 1/3 Cups All-Purpose Flour
  • 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
  • 1 ¼ teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
  • ½ teaspoon Ground Ginger
  • ¼ teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
  • ½ teaspoon Salt
  • 2 Large Eggs
  • ¾ Cup Granulated Sugar
  • ½ Cup Light or Dark Brown Sugar
  • ½ Cup Vegetable Oil
  • 1 ¼ Cup Pumpkin Puree
  • ¼ Cup Milk

For the Full Recipe Go To: https://prettysimplesweet.com/pumpkin-muffins/

These recipes are easy to do by yourself or even socially distant over the phone with friends! The pandemic has caused a time of uncertainty so make sure to treat yourself and take a break from your workload. Fall only comes once a year so enjoy it!

Mari Adamson

Jefferson '24

Mari is a 4th year at Jefferson University, majoring in health sciences and enrolled in the Pre-Physician's Assistant Program with a minor in Law. In her spare time she enjoys hiking and finding new places to eat. She also has a passion for photography and self-care!