This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JCU chapter.

On Tuesday afternoon, a women opened fire at the YouTube Headquarters in San Bruno, California. The shooter injured three people, including one who is in now in critical condition, and then killed herself before the authorities showed up. Later Tuesday evening, the San Bruno Police Department identified the shooter as Nasim Najafi Aghdam. The police are still investigating the shooter’s motive, but at this moment, believe it has to do with her views towards YouTube for censoring her videos.

The victims of the shooting were taken to the Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital due to gunshot wounds. The victims include one man and two women between the ages of late twenties and thirties. As of now, the man is in critical condition, one women is in serious condition while the other is in fair condition. The San Bruno police stated that, “at this time there is no evidence that the shooter knew the victims of this shooting or that individuals were specifically targeted.”

Nasim Najafi Aghdam is the 39-year-old woman from San Diego who was identified as the shooter. The supposed motive for the shooting is because YouTube started censoring her videos and demonetizing her channel. Aghdam ranted to social media about YouTube’s new policies, and accused them of “filtering”  her content. Aghdam has over 5,000 subscribers on her channel and believed that since YouTube started censoring her videos, her income from the videos was decreasing. The content on her channel included Aghdam’s multiple faces of being a vegan bodybuilder, athlete, artist, comedian, poet, model, singer, host, actor, director, and producer. As of Tuesday night, YouTube pulled down all of her channels.

The San Bruno Police Department stated that this is, “an ongoing investigation” to figure out the true motive of this horrific incident. The CEO of Google, Sundar Pichai, sent out an email to the employees noting that they will, “help everyone in our Google family heal from this unimaginable tragedy.”

I am learning to enjoy life more and more everyday through my experiences with the people I love.