nastuh abootalebi yWwob8kwOCk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nastuh abootalebi yWwob8kwOCk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

What is Our Staff Doing This Summer?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JCU chapter.

We asked a few of our staff members what their plans were for this upcoming summer away from John Carroll and here is what they said:

Olivia: This summer I will be a nanny for the two sweetest girls Zoe and Kit. This will be our fourth summer together and I couldn’t be more excited! Typically our days are filled with playing house, having dance-offs, and occasionally visiting the hospital to have lunch with the “lunch bunch.”  

My boyfriend, Tristan and I, are also planning a 3-day excursion where we will each plan a day and then our third day we will plan together. Other than that, I will be spending time with my family, friends, and planning for my new house in August!

Rachel: I am looking forward to this summer because I’m working at a local frozen yogurt shop, Lulu’s With a Twist, for a second season! Working there is a lot of fun because I get to meet and serve families and friends who are genuinely happy about getting a sweet treat on a hot day! When I am not at work, I am looking forward to going on adventures, spending time with my family and friends, and relaxing. I do have to take one class during the summer but I’ll still have plenty of time to enjoy the sunny, warm weather! One of my favorite things to do during the summer is attend concerts at Blossom Music Center since it is super close to my house. This summer I plan to see The Zac Brown Band and Brad Paisley. Other than that, I’m not sure what kind of adventures are in store but I’m sure each day will be filled with fun!

Jackie: The only thing I have set in stone for this summer is summer theatre! I will be in two shows at my favorite theater in the world, Rabbit Run, in Madison, Ohio. I’ll get to see my summer theater friends that I haven’t seen since last summer. The first rehearsals start in a couple weeks, and the final show closes in August, so I’ll be busy all summer! I’ll probably still have my summer job I’ve had since high school, so that will at least get me some sort of income. Currently, I’m looking for my very first apartment with a close friend from Carroll, and I could not be more exicted about that! Hopefully I’ll have a few job interviews this summer to start my career, but I’m not picky! I’m excited for what this summer will bring!