This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JCU chapter.

Being in college can be hectic. We often drink too much and sleep too little. We try our “best” in classes but seem to often be playing catch up. School breaks, like the one we’re on right now, present an opportunity to break the cycle of procrastination. Here are some tips on making your spring break productive:

Catch up on the assignments you missed 

people sitting in chairs and taking notes
The Climate Reality Project on Unsplash
No one is perfect. It’s cliche but true. We’re all guilty of slipping behind on our assignments. For me, it’s usually the hundreds of pages of English literature I’m assigned each week. Whatever your major may be, catching up on reading, notes, projects, or papers is a way to feel prepared for the remainder of the semester (and nay surprise quizzes that may be headed your way). 

Read ahead for your classes

Books On A Shelf
Breanna Coon / Her Campus
We are not quite halfway through the semester yet. There is still much work to be done before spring 2020 is complete. Working ahead on major assignments like term papers and projects is a way to alleviate stress. This is especially important if you are prone to procrastination. That being said, if this seems like too much to undertake, reading ahead (or at least brainstorming/browsing) is another option.

Readjust your sleeping schedule and catch up on your 8 hours 

Sleepy girl in bed
Photo by Kinga Cichewicz on Unsplash
Sleeping is essential to your health, so why does it always fall behind our other priorities. Take advantage of not having a set class schedule and adjust how and when you sleep. At first, changing your sleep habits can be disruptive. It’s best to try sleeping more, less, or at different times when you are on a break from classes.

Pick up a healthy habit or two

Being at home means you have access to a kitchen, nearby grocery stores, etc. This makes it simpler to integrate healthy foods into your meals. We all know that the Caf often lacks both nutrition and flavor. Spring break is the perfect time to make some positive dietary changes. Along with diet is exercise. There are no physical classes holding you back from hitting the gym, so now is the best time to finally start those New Years’ resolutions you’ve been procrastinating on.