The Sweetest: Marie Mikhail

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JCU chapter.

This week, we decided to feature JCU junior, Marie Mikhail!

Name: Marie Mikhail

Year: Junior

Hometown: Highland Heights, Ohio

Major: Biology

Campus Involvement: I’m a member of John Carroll’s all female acapella group, The Sweet Carrollines!

Why did you become involved with Sweet Carrollines?

I became a part of my first acapella group in high school and fell in love with acapella music ever since! After seeing the Sweet Carrollines perform at their Spring Concert my freshmen year, I knew I would love being a part of such a talented, close-knit group of women. Make sure to come see us at our concert May 3, at 7:30 pm!

Do you know what your tentative plans are for after graduation?

I plan to go to medical school and become a pediatrician!

Favorite place on campus?

My favorite place on campus is the quad. It’s such a perfect place to chill or study and you’re always sure to see so many great people around.

Funniest John Carroll Memory:

My sophomore year, a buzzer sound would always go off when someone would open the door on my floor. The first time I heard what I thought to be an alarm, I had already gotten into my PJs, so I threw a blanket over myself and ran out the door outside where I found I was the only person outside, alone, and in my blanket.

What’s your bucket list travel destination?

I would love to go to Spain. I took four years of Spanish in high school and I really enjoyed learning about the language as well as the culture.

What’s your favorite food?

I really like anything involving avocado!

What is your dream date?

My dream date would be dinner on a sunny beach somewhere (preferably in the Caribbean) followed by a sunset walk on the beach.