Survival Kit Review

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JCU chapter.

It’s everyone’s favorite time of the semester here at Her Campus JCU, as our survival kits have finally arrived!  As always, we were excited to see what great new finds we received and couldn’t wait to try them out.  If you’re looking for some new fall goodies, look no further!

First, we got a package containing three different (and awesome) kinds of face masks by Freeman.  I was so excited to the clay mask and cleanser that contained Manuka honey and tea tree oil, and  I love clay masks so I was super happy to have gotten two new ones to try!  This mask dried in ten minutes and came off nicely with a washcloth and warm water.  My skin was not left dry, like a lot of masks tend to do, and my face felt clean and soft for the rest of the night!

We also received two flavors of Spindrift sparkling water, cucumber and grapefruit.  I love all things grapefruit, so, naturally, I jumped at the chance to drink the grapefruit flavor.  To me, the cucumber sparkling water was not so great.  I thought the cucumber flavor was weird, and its pairing with the carbonation and was a little too potent for me.  I would definitely buy the grapefruit water again, but I would pass on the cucumber flavor.  

I am always looking for new hair products, so I was super happy to see a few Bed Head products in the kit.  We got a dry shampoo, Rockaholic edition, which I hadn’t tried before.  Dry shampoo is a must for me, especially with my busy college schedule.  I liked this shampoo because it didn’t leave a powdery feel to my hair as some other brands often do.  I was happy with the results by the end of a day and I will definitely look into buying this again.  We also got two hairsprays, Hard Head and Masterpiece.  I liked the Masterpiece brand more, as it left my hair shiny, as promised, and Hard Head left my hair too stiff.  

Who needs a planner in college?  EVERYONE!  We received a bunch of super cute “LifePlanners” by Erin Condren.  These planners are great for writing out homework, events, reminders, and anything else life throws at you!  If you are looking to buy a new planner, I definitely recommend this one.  It has a monthly calendar and weekly calendars, so it’s easy to plan ahead for the month and have more a more detailed schedule for the week.  

We also got new Steripods, which are always a crowd favorite!  Dorm living means lots of germs, so these are a definite must!

Overall, the survival kit was awesome and filled with lots of great products for our team!

JCU Campus Correspondent