Staff Spotlight: Rachel Mills

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JCU chapter.

This week, our Campus Celebrity is none other than one of our most dedicated members, Rachel Mills! We’ve decided to start a Staff Spotlight so that our readers can get to know our staff at Her Campus JCU. Rachel is a freshman at JCU this year, but she’s gotten extremely involved all around campus. I asked Rachel a few questions to get a sense of her experiences at JCU so far. 

What are you involved with at John Carroll?

Kappa Delta, Her Campus, CFC, Immersion Trip to Louisville, SUPB, Ultimate Frisbee, ROTC, and Service at Warner Girls Leadership Academy.

Why did you get involved with Her Campus?

I was encouraged by my friends to get involved around campus, and I am a Communications major. I want to understand the flip-side of having an online magazine.

How has becoming involve with ROTC and Greek Life changed your JCU experience?

I am always super busy, but I have gotten the chance to meet a diverse population of people.

What is your favorite thing about JCU?

I love being able to be involved in so much and so many opportunities for leadership. As a freshman, it was a lot easier than I thought to get involved!

Why did you choose to come to JCU for college? 

My first visit here, I just had a feeling.  I am close to home, but still away at school.  It is a beautiful campus and very welcoming.

Brittany, a Senior at JCU, has a passion for tea, books, writing, and London. As an English major, you can usually find her curled up with a good book somewhere on-campus (usually in O'Malley). She loves everything about Her Campus, and she finds it extremely exciting and rewarding to be a Campus Correspondent!