Smiling Through The CLE Weather

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JCU chapter.

Based on all of the autumnal pics filling your Instagram feed lately, it’s safe to say that the fall season has at last made its way to the midwest (except for those random 80 degree days). While fall happens to be my favorite season because of it’s lovely mid-range temps and rusty colors, attending school in this region does not gaurentee picture-perfect weather. While the rain can easily put a damper on any day, it has its many perks… here are some of my favorites:

1. It’s a natural sleep aid – who doesn’t love the sound of the pouring rain and thunder lulling you to sleep? It’s the perfect excuse to stay in bed.

2. It begs for a cozy day in – on days like these, you can’t help but snuggle up under a mound of blankets while spending your day with bae (aka Netflix).

3. Productivity is possible – with a perfect reason to stay inside, it’s easy to complete your to-do list or get creative with how you want to spend the day.

4. Getting wet doesn’t have to be so bad – rain boots, anyone? We see them all over campus, so I know you’re on board! 

5. However, staying warm and dry is preferred – what better reason to make some hot chocolate and throw on some fuzzy socks?!

6. There’s no better time to be angsty – I know you have a playlist set aside for those somber days.

7. So many great scenes take place in the pouring rain – what would the famous scene from The Notebook be without the downpour? (Amongst so many other iconic movie moments).

8. Listening to the rain is basically meditating – this soothing, relaxing sound produced by the falling water create a calm atmosphere, helping you to relax.