Romance Movies to Binge Over Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JCU chapter.

Congrats JCU students, spring break is officially here! Now that you have successfully completed the first half of the spring semester, you have a full week to catch up on the movies you’ve been putting off since classes picked up and you spent your free time putting in hours in the lib to pass your midterms! Here is a list of a few heartwarming romance movies to start your Spring Break Movie Marathon! 

kimmy schmit tv gif
Netflix / Giphy

All the Bright Places 

All the Bright Places is a book to movie adaptation from the novel of the same title by Jennifer Niven. The compelling story tells the connection between Violet and Finch and how they attempt to save one another. It will be sure to make you laugh, cry, and fall in love.

To All the Boys: PS I Still Love You 

If you have been living under a rock the past few weeks, you’ve unfortunately missed the triumphant return of Lara Jean Covey and Peter Kavinsky. The story leaves you satisfied with the ending, but craving more. With a third film on the way, you should do yourself a favor and catch up now while you can. 

One Day 

Anything with Anne Hathaway is sure to be great, so you can’t go wrong with this film. The movie follows two friends turned lovers post-college graduation. This is another movie you will need a box of tissues for, but it is well worth it. 

After

This teen romance movie has everything you would hope for when you think of the genre. Mysterious male lead? Check. A slightly naïve female lead that seems to not understand the mysterious male lead? Check. Unrealistic expectations? Check. A predictable, but unseen twist? Check. If all these adjectives fall under your expectations for romance movies, this is the perfect film for you. 

Harry Styles Martini
Giphy

Irreplaceable You 

After being diagnosed with terminal cancer, Abbie searches for a lifelong partner for her childhood sweetheart, Sam. Their story is moving and honest, keeping you invested in the movie. While the movie has a sad premise, the film is anything but heavy, which makes it so amazing. 

The Fault in Our Stars 

I had to put it on here. This is my personal favorite on the list and I will most definitely be viewing it for the twentieth time this Spring Break. The story always seems to break my heart, but I will always come back to it, making it the perfect film to round off the Spring Break Romance Movie Bucket List.  

Joey Friends Thinking
Giphy

If you are planning on following this movie bucket list, I recommend you buy some tissues in bulk! Enjoy your movie watching and time off JCU!

Just an art history enthusiast that happens to be a writer