This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JCU chapter.

While Queen B’s music is always prime, I’ve ranked all six of her albums in ascending order. Don’t get me wrong, though – each of Beyoncé’s musical masterpieces has a special place in my heart!

6. B’Day (2006) – Beyoncé’s B’Day brought us a plethora of hits, including “Irreplaceable”, “Freakum Dress” and “Green Light”. While B’Day was Beyoncé’s second solo album, I personally believe that her first album and more recent songs have more of a vibe to ’em, and resonate stronger with fans.

5. Dangerously in Love (2003) – Who can forget “Crazy in Love” and “Baby Boy”? Beyoncé’s first solo album gave us countless hits that we still hear on the radio today! However, there are a number of songs that didn’t receive much acclaim – but that’s not to say they aren’t great!

4. Lemonade (2016) – There’s no denying that Beyoncé’s most recent album was a masterpiece, infused with themes of racism and sexism. While I admire Queen B’s contemporary “protest album”, I can’t really jam to its songs. However, Lemonade is unquestionably an inspiration to me and to many.

3. 4 (2011) – I struggle to rank this album third… Especially since 4 gave us “Love on Top”, “Best Thing I Never Had” and “Countdown”. Not to mention “Party” and “Run the World”… My only justification is that I can really get down to her two remaining albums, which are simply filled with car jams.

2. Beyoncé (2013) – “Pretty Hurts” and “***Flawless” struck me in the heart when I first heard them five years ago, and continue to give me chills today. Not to mention the ultimate club jam “Partition”, which I can always get down to.

1. I Am… Sasha Fierce (2008) – My friends and I still jam out to “Halo”, “Diva” and “If I Were a Boy” almost 10 years after they were first released. Its remaining 14 songs are purely genius as well – Queen B nailed it in 2008, and continues to slay in 2018!

JCU Campus Correspondent