Profile of the Week: Nate Heiden

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JCU chapter.

Name: Nate Heiden

Year: Junior

Major: Biology

Hometown: Hartford, CT

What are you involved in at JCU? I’m in the Arrupe Scholars Program, We the People, Club Rugby Team, Lifeguard, and I’m an RA in Campion.

What is your favorite thing about JCU? My favorite thing about John Carroll is the people. I have been able to enjoy and benefit from some great relationships with friends and professors here.

What is your favorite memory at Carroll? My favorite spot is that garden with a few tables in between Einstein’s and Boler. It’s a great place to grab some coffee and work on homework outside.

Where is your favorite spot on campus? My favorite spot is that garden with a few tables in between Einstein’s and Boler. It’s a great place to grab some coffee and work on homework outside.

If you could give your freshman self one piece of advice what would you tell him? I would tell my freshman self be careful to not overcommitt too much. 

What is one thing that you must do before you graduate when you come to Carroll? I want to get into one of those secret underground tunnels before I graduate.

Who is the most memorable professor you have had? The most memorable professor I’ve had a far is probably Dr. Chai for General Chemistry. He’s hilarious, but also a great professor.