clay banks zUf39GDNyzU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
clay banks zUf39GDNyzU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Profile of the Week: Katelyn Holaday

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JCU chapter.

Name: Katelyn Holaday

Year: Senior

Hometown: Akron

Major: Psychology — Industrial/Organizational

What is your favorite thing about JCU? 

The ladies at Einstein’s! They make my heart sing. Whenever you’re having a bad day, they’re guaranteed to cheer you up. And I guess my sorority’s okay (JK you guys rock)

What is your favorite spot on campus?

The quad. I love getting one of those stupid chairs and just sitting. Preferably near the fountain so you can see everything and people watch.

What are you going to miss most when you graduate? 

The big and little things: the people, and also the idea that you’ll never walk this way again… and also my sorority fam.

What have you been involved with on campus during your time here?

Arrupe Scholars Program, Students for Social Justice, Alpha Sigma Nu, the Human Trafficking Committee, Center for Service and Social Action, student worker at the library and psych department, Order of Omega, TA for PS 301, Psi Chi (President), and being involved in my sorority, Kappa Delta (Exec member for 3 years) :) I also went on an immersion trip to New Orleans.

What is your dream job?

Selling coconuts/souvenirs at a beach in the Caribbean — maybe St. Maartin or Aruba

If you had a superpower what would it be?

Mind reading!

What does your graduation cap look like?

It says “Nevertheless, she persisted,” and “Thanks mom and dad.” It’s colors are gold and silver with rhinestones and flowers around the edge. It’s aggressive.

What’s been your favorite class at JCU?

There are too many… but if I had to pick it’s Dr. Yost and any classes he has taught in the psych department. OH! Also, Tom and Bo’s English classes… because whoa.