Meet Our Staff: Julia Ruggiero

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JCU chapter.

This week we decided to feature one of our own members, Julia Ruggiero! Julia is currently a sophomore here at John Carroll. If you’ve ever been within talking distance of her, you’ve definitely met her. She’s not afraid to meet new people or go up to strangers and start a conversation! If you want to hear more about Julia’s hobbies, aspirations, and academics – keep reading!

Name: Julia Ruggiero

Major: Integrated Marketing and Communications

Age: 19

Hometown: Pittsburgh, PA

Position for Her Campus: Marketing and Publicity Director

Hobbies/Campus Involvement:

• Julia works as an independent wellness advocate for Doterra essential oils, including running a social media account (Instagram: campusoils check it out!!)

• Julia also runs a YouTube channel that includes topics such as fitness, anxiety, and fashion! (YouTube: rubydiamondJewelia)

• On campus, Julia is involved in Spanish coffee hour, Her Campus, and faith based clubs.

• Julia loves going to Zumba and hot yoga – and just enjoys fitness overall!

Secret Obsessions:

• Lily Pulitzer

• Essential oils (but not really a secret)

• French Macarons and biscuits

Dream Job: To work in the corporate office marketing for either Lily Pulitzer or Doterra.

Best John Carroll Memory: Going rollerblading for my friend’s birthday! Some people think you should grow out of rollerblading – but I don’t think I’ll ever be too old for it. It was a great opportunity to get off campus and make fun memories.

Favorite John Carroll Hang Out Spot: It’s not really a concrete spot, but I love walking around the border of campus! It’s a great way to get some easy exercise and also just enjoy being outside. Going alone can help me just clear my head and get some fresh air; going with friends can help talking about problems or just laughing together. Either way, it’s always my go-to place.