This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JCU chapter.

Meet Mary Kosanke—an incredible friend who brightens John Carroll! If you see her on campus, make sure to give her a big smile and say hi!

Name: Mary Kosanke

Year: Sophomore

Hometown: Rochester, New York

Major: Exercise Science

What is your favorite thing to do on campus: Cry. Jk my favorite thing to do is getting meals with my sorority sisters!

What organizations are you involved with on campus: CSSA, Smiles with Style, and Kappa Delta sorority

What is your favorite class: Right now probably my linked courses, which are The Science of Origins and The Philosophy of Origins

What is your dream job: Physical Therapist (that is subject to change).

What do you like to do in your free time: I like to go for bike rides off campus, and since I’m not familiar with the area, it’s fun to explore.

What show on Netflix are you currently binge-watching: A few things: Law and Order, SVU, and I’m catching up on Grey’s Anatomy.

What is your favorite thing to get from The Inn-Between: Their flat bread melts are pretty good!

What’s your favorite article of clothing: I have a grey sweater that I love! It’s big and comfy.

What do you miss most from home: Wegmans. For those who don’t know, it’s the best grocery store. Actually, it’s more than a grocery store… it’s home.

What are you looking forward to the most next semester: Studying abroad in Australia!

What made you choose Australia: It had the best program for my major, and I’ve always wanted to go back. I went there when I was five with my family.

What’s your favorite way to de-stress: Take a nap or make to-do lists.

What’s your favorite thing about fall: This is very cliché, but I love how colorful it is.

What has been your favorite memory from this semester: Living on the Kappa Delta floor has been amazing. I loved having this time to hang out with my sisters. It’s been the little, spontaneous things that have made this semester amazing. It’s the thing I’ll miss the most when I’m in Australia.