This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JCU chapter.

This week, one of our very own is in London visiting a friend who is studying abroad! We decided to highlight Sarah and see how this semester is going!

Getting to Know You:

Name: Sarah Grizard

Year: Sophomore

Hometown: Rochester, New York

Current Location: London, England

Major: Business management minoring in french

Study Abroad:

What prompted you to study abroad?: I enjoy experiencing other cultures and wanted to gain a more global view of the world.

Why did you choose London? : London is such a central city in the world of business. This city gives me the opportunity to experience my major from another country’s perspective.

What classes are you taking? : I am finishing some of my core classes as well as taking an international relations class and another business class for my major.

What were your parents thoughts on you studying abroad?: They are so excited for me to go out and experience the world especially at this age.

Was this your first time overseas? : No, however, it was my first time visiting the UK.

Life in London:

What is the biggest adjustment you have had to make since arriving in London? : My biggest adjustment was definitely becoming more independent in terms of taking public transportation and knowing how to maneuver such a big city.

Anything you wish you would have brought with you?: I wish I could have brought my dog..

Most embarrassing moment or biggesttouristmistake you have made?: My first week, I crossed the road without looking left (because they drive on the opposite side of the road) and almost got hit by a motorcycle.

Favorite spot you have been to and why? : So far, my favorite place I have visited was Edinburgh, Scotland and we climbed Arthur’s Seat. It was so cold but so worth the view once we made it to the top!

Do you plan to travel to other countries? If so, which? : Yes, I visited Vienna, Austria, I am planning on visiting Ireland next month, Italy for Spring Break, and Paris in April as our last trip before coming home. And in addition, I will be travelling with the school to visit Krakow, Poland and Berlin, Germany.

Advice for students who plan on studying abroad: Bring comfortable shoes to walk in- you will be walking everywhere!! Also, always be used to adapting yourself to different situations because you never know when plans might change based on the different countries or cultures you may come across.

Would you travel to London again? Yes for sure! This is such an amazing city and I hope to come back really soon!

What are you missing most about the United States?: Peanut Butter!