This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JCU chapter.

A professor recently told me that this time is considered “the armpit of the semester,” and I couldn’t agree more. I try to stay positive and focus on the fact that there are only really two weeks left of class, but it is so hard. Like most students, I am extremely overwhelmed with the amount of schoolwork we have to do before the semester ends. I have some random assignments and papers due this week in addition to finals next week. Yes, my professors are machines. Schoolwork, in addition to internships, extracurriculars, and other responsibilities, makes early December the least magical time of year. To lighten the blow, I attempted to compile a collection of GIFs that portray how every JCU student feels during the last week of classes.

When professors make assignments due on the last week 

After doing work for 5 straight hours 

When you complain and parents/friends respond with “you should’ve managed your time better”

Searching for a spot to study in the lib

Trying to coordinate group projects or study sessions

Not having time for a regular meal so improvisation is key

Coming unprepared to class and getting called out on it

Thinking about your GPA and getting ready to high key disappoint

Trying to squeeze in the last bit of fun before finals

Then regretting it the next dayIf you are mid-paper, essay, or exam, just remember Michael Scott’s famous words: 

“Sometimes I’ll start a sentence and I don’t even know where it’s going. I just hope I find it along the way.”

*all images are from Giphy.com