jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

JCU Campus Style: Fall Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JCU chapter.

As fall approaches and cozy scented candles, colorful leaves and anything pumpkin spice related surrounds us, we find ourselves haunted by the following question: “What should I wear when summer officially ends?” Now, it’s fairly easy to keep up with seasonal trends that involve scents, dorm decor, holidays, etc, however, fashion trends and fads are a completely different story. Patterns and types of clothing often fall out of style, and quickly at that. If you feel your stomach churning at the very thought of being considered “unfashionable,” don’t fret. Your friends here at Her Campus will help you restyle your wardrobe and make sure that you stay on top of JCU’s latest fashion trends. Listed below are a few of the most popular articles of clothing you’ll see on John Carroll’s campus during the fall semester. We have your back.

1. 1. Birkenstocks. 

Ah, the lovely sandals that are in style all year round, it seems. While it is acceptable to wear Birkenstocks throughout all seasons and during the most frigid of temperatures (with socks of course), the neutral tones of said sandals pair fabulously with colors and styles that are typically found in fall clothing selections.

2. Long, black leggings.

Every girl needs a pair of black leggings, especially if she’s a John Carroll student! If you don’t already own a pair, head to your local Lululemon ASAP! (Or any clothing store, really!)

3. Vineyard Vines quarter zips.

Well, my friends, preppy clothing is back in style, and we’re going to zero in on the mother of all prep: Vineyard Vines, or “VV,” as I like to call it. What’s trending from VV this fall, you ask? Well, that would have to be their oxford striped quarter zips! The jacket pictured above is available in both “wintermint” and “gray heather.”

4. JCU baseball caps.

Who can resist a cute baseball cap? Well, lucky for you, the most popular and stylish cap on campus is available at your own JCU bookstore! Convenient, eh? Fortunately for me, I’ve already purchased my fashionable cap for the semester. If you can’t say the same, I’d head to the bookstore as soon as possible!

JCU Campus Correspondent