This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JCU chapter.

Most everyone on campus has come to Janet Paradise for answers, guidance, and a good conversation. She is the first person you will see in the Office of Student Activities, and definitely the one with the most answers. Here are some fun facts about our beloved Janet Paradise: 

Janet Paradise was born in Cleveland, Ohio. She is married with 4 sons who all graduated from St. Ignatius High School. She loves good cheeseburgers and gardening! Before coming to our cherished JCU, she worked with Management Recruiters International as a recruiter/project coordinator.

What is the craziest thing that has happened in OSA during your time here

One time, a mouse ran across the foot of an intern we had working for us.

What is your favorite thing to do in your free time? 

During the spring and summer months, I love to garden.  I love any kind of flower!  I can’t go to the store without bringing home a plant.  I also love to read and listen to music.

What is your favorite TV show, and do you prefer to binge watch or keep up weekly?

I love any news or political shows, especially during election times.  I love to watch American Idol, Gold Rush, and 60 Minutes. No binge-watching! 

My name is Shannon. I love Parks and Rec, well-timed jokes, and knitting. I'm a busy-body, and I plan to major in Human Resources.