How to Spend Your Snow Day the Right Way

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JCU chapter.

On the rare occasion that John Carroll graces us with a day off due to that horrible stuff falling from the sky they call “snow,” you may be wondering how to spend that precious time off.

This first option is probably the most obvious. Place all your food and beverages where you can reach them without having to move your body. Then, find a comfortable spot on your bed and start up that Netflix. Come on, you deserve it, and you know you want to give in to your Netflix addiction.

Do you want to build a snowman? If you feel like taking this opportunity to be active, I suggest tapping into your inner-child and playing in the snow with Olaf your friends (get it? OLAF YOUR FRIENDS!?). Snowball fights, making snow angels, sledding, or having a competition based on who can build the best fort are just a few ways to enjoy this depressingly cold weather.

I think all of us secretly enjoy the presence of food over humans from time to time, so why not spend your day baking up a storm with your friends in the warm kitchen, avoiding the actual storm outside. This way, you can hermit in your building without having to interact with those on the outside. Not to mention, the ‘Tween, Cubby, and Einstein’s will be closed, so what choice do you have? Do you really want to make the trek to the cafe on your day off?

On a more serious note, having a day off gives you the opportunity to catch up on your work. It is easy to fall behind with so much going on outside of your classes, so perhaps take the day to write that paper you have been putting off for so long, or finally do the reading that was assigned to you a week ago.

Whatever you decide to do with this valuable time, make sure to have fun and make memories! That is what this time is for. Spending time with your friends while doing what you love is important. So if you do decide to catch up with your schoolwork, make sure to take breaks. Enjoy those wonderful days off, because they are all too rare.

Brittany, a Senior at JCU, has a passion for tea, books, writing, and London. As an English major, you can usually find her curled up with a good book somewhere on-campus (usually in O'Malley). She loves everything about Her Campus, and she finds it extremely exciting and rewarding to be a Campus Correspondent!