How to Prepare for Sorority Recruitment

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JCU chapter.

It’s that time of year again, sorority recruitment is here! Freshmen, no need to worry, it’s all going to be okay. Take a deep breath, it’s not as scary as you think. I’m going to give you three easy tips to help you get through your sorority recruitment experience.

1. Be yourself!  You are amazing just the way you are. While some people like to say, “fake it till you make it,” that’s not what sororities are about. Sororities are about finding your home away from home. It’s the people you care about the most, like the family you never had.

2. Be confident! Be confident in what you say and what you wear! The girls who are already in the sorority want to know about you — the real you! They want to know what you like to do in your free time, and why you want to go through recruitment, what you want to do in the future, etc. They are there for you! Remember: wear your favorite outfits that best describe you! While sorority recruitment might have a dress code, make sure to give your outfits personal flare!

3. Be outgoing! While it’s important to be yourself during recruitment, it’s also good to step out of your comfort zone. Now I know this tip might not be for everyone, but you never know until you try! During recruitment, it’s a great asset to be vulnerable. They want to know all about you to see if you’ll be a great addition to their chapter, so put yourself out there! Don’t hesitate to step out of that comfort zone!

In the end, it’s all about having fun and enjoying yourself! This process is about finding your place on campus, and Greek Life just might be it! So take a chance, go through your campus’ recruitment and see what happens — you never know until you try!  

I am learning to enjoy life more and more everyday through my experiences with the people I love. 
JCU Campus Correspondent